Part 36 - Ayaka

Y/N sighed and picked up a few shattered pieces from the teacup. "You could've at least gone outside," They complained. Y/N recklessly wrapped their hands around the shattered pieces and apologised to Thoma. A small glow peered through Y/N's fingers and they placed the cup in Thoma's hands, but it was now whole. 

"How did you-" Paimon lost her words but she wasn't the only one. I stood in confusion for a moment before noticing that in my shock, I'd slightly lowered my guard and my posture. Frantically, my eyes dashed through the room, but Y/N still had all the attention. They really were quite amazing.

Y/N walked around the room, fixing everything that Xiao and Aether had broken. Their unlimited power always seemed to amaze the people around them. A powerful opponent. I wonder how many other tricks they have... Y/N reached down for the last item.

"Y/N-!" Thoma's voice filled with urgency. They'd picked up the Sword of Thunder before Thoma could even warn them. Usually, the sword should never have physical contact with a living being. Rumour has it, everyone who's touched that sword, lost their soul... But that didn't seem to be the case for Y/N. They showed no signs of being lifeless, Y/N was breathing and still had a pulse. Yet they simply stood there... It was more like they were in a trance than being dead.

Thoma rushed out of the room but quickly returned with a small white cloth with a seal stitched into its face. I gestured for Aether and Xiao to keep their distance as the power of the sword was mostly unknown. This reaction... Is intriguing, I found myself curious to find out why it responded to Y/N differently. Thoma reached for the sword...

"Y/N?" Xiao's voice spoke desperately. Y/N coughed then blinked and the light returned to their eyes. Thoma left once more and returned with a glass of water. He handed the glass to Y/N while gently picking the sword with the cloth in hand.

"I've never seen the sword react that way," I mumbled under my breath... 

Thoma returned the sword to its sheath before placing it back in its stand on top of the table. "I'm curious," He started. "What happened?"

Y/N stared blankly for a moment before a look of concern crossed their face. What happened? I wondered. If it was something that has a god stumbled it must trouble. 

"Death," Y/N spoke up.

"Death?" Xiao questioned, "What do you mean?"

Y/N shrugged, "The souls captured in that sword..." They hesitated. Thousands of questions grew and I could tell it wasn't just me questioning. Y/N walked over to the sword and touched the cover. It glowed... "They've gone mad. Lost to hatred."

"I don't understand," I blurted out. Stupid! I harrassed myself but, It would look worse if I didn't state anything after speaking. I didn't want to be demanding but, "How did this happen? And is there anything we can do to subdue the souls?"

"Of course," Y/N's eyes studied my reaction. I hadn't expected them to know exactly what to do but I reminded myself, Y/n is the oldest god - from what we've been told - of course they knew what to do. Y/N unsheathed the sword but this time picked up the cloth. Thoma stopped himself as he started to talk and looked at me with concern.

"Do as you must," I may as well have handed the value of the antique to them because Y/N snapped the tip with just their index finger and thumb. What incredible strength, I found myself conflicted. The sword was broken and I was upset, that sword had been an heirloom for generations but, I was amazed by Y/N's strength. Their knowledge and their power. They didn't look or act like a ruler of gods but at the same time, they did. 

"Release," Y/N spoke in a soft yet undeniably commanding tone. A few sparks flew around the whole room before subsiding within Y/N. "It's done," Y/N smiled and reattached the tip of the sword, just like how they'd fixed the cups. Y/N placed the sword back and sat politely at the table.

"You wanted to speak to me, correct?" Y/N looked at Thoma. They tried their best not to look threatening but, after watching them snap a sword - made with some of the strongest irons we have access to - with two fingers, was very confronting. 

"That was me actually," I spoke up during Thoma's silence. "Regarding you and the Raiden Shougun..."

"I see," Y/N interrupted my thoughts. Have they no respect at all? "Personally, I would prefer to keep my title solely among those I trust." Y/N glared at Thoma accusingly, making me wonder if he'd done something to anger them when I wasn't around. "As for Ei," Y/N hesitated. I don't understand the relationship between the Shougun and Y/N... I found my thoughts wandering, They seemed to have an almost... Parent and daughter type relationship. "May I ask a favour? It's a pretty big one." Y/N brought me back to the problem at hand.

Y/N's sudden appearance was alarming enough for Inazuma. Moreover, since none of the regions seem to have any recollection of them aside from their god's knowledge, the people are sceptical.

"I'm listening," I responded. Although I found myself shocked at my cold tone.

"Watch Ei's actions." I blinked in confusion. So all Y/N wants me to do is watch her? I tried to wrap my head around their request, I don't understand how they would describe this as a 'pretty big favour'. "I have asked the same of several others that myself and Aether trust. Depending on your thoughts, I may choose to change how the Nation of Inazuma operates when deciding a leader."

There it was again. Y/N's power overrode all other beings. I nodded in agreement but, coming from them it almost didn't feel like a request. Nor did it seem like an order. I still didn't understand how this was a big request but, I could handle it.

"And I thought the Raiden Shougun's power was scary," Thoma mumbled unaware of the fact that everyone could hear him. He noticed everyone staring at him and stumbled for words. "Uh- My apologies," He stuttered. "Please, forgive my outburst. Let me make it up to you." Xiao and Aether continued to stare directly at Thoma. Obviously, he'd hit a soft spot. It was very clear Y/N was their main weakness.

"No need," Y/N gazed into their cup. "I apologise if I scared you but, I'd like to assure you that I have no intention of hurting you... Or the people around you." A few moments of silence passed. It was clear this meeting was not going much further, I hope Thoma and I haven't offended Y/N in any way. Y/N cleared their throat, "Please excuse me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I wasn't going to post this today but considering that I haven't posted in what, months (apart from yesterday)? Here's an apology chapter. Istg you guys are amazing. Overnight we went from 5.9 to 6.1 views! Thank you so much for the support it's very encouraging! I don't know if I captured Ayaka's personality properly in this chapter but I'd like to know what you think!

Take care!