Part 37 - Y/N

"And I thought the Raiden Shougun's power was scary," Thoma mumbled unaware of the fact that everyone could hear him. He noticed everyone staring at him and stumbled for words. "Uh- My apologies," He stuttered. 

The world went quiet. Am I really that scary? If he's comparing me to Ei... Am I like her? Do I only concern myself with my duties? You didn't think you did. My power scares him... I scared Thoma when I was only trying to help... Your throat started to collapse in on itself. 

"Please, forgive my outburst. Let me make it up to you." Thoma bowed, yet you did not want his respect. All you wanted was to be treated like a normal person. Titles like 'Your Majesty', 'God of Life' and 'Queen/King/Ruller' only concerned you when you were dealing with official matters. Not friends. You didn't want it.

"No need," You tried to stay as contained as possible yet you couldn't help but gaze into your cup and overthink. "I apologise if I scared you but, I'd like to assure you that I have no intention of hurting you... Or the people around you." You spoke honestly and carefully. The last thing you wanted was to scare him further but, it didn't stop him from staying frightened. 

Silence broke out and it seemed that Ayaka was satisfied with your decisions regarding the Raiden Shogun. "Please excuse me," You pardoned yourself in hopes to get some time to think. However outside was just as chaotic. The citizens who saw you with your wings either stood and judged you or, rushed away hastily. You sighed, Humans always react like this. 

You decided to leave to a less crowded area even though it'd been a while since you explored Inazuma the layout wasn't much different. 

***

Chinju forest was most definitely beautiful. Yet during the night, you found the gorgeous glowing blue flowers alluring. You sat with your toes in the river and listened to the running water. A bird flew down to your hand and nestled in the grass. Your listed your finger to its stomach and the finch clung to you. Its blue feathers matched the colours matched the luminescent flowers and the calmness of the area cleansed your thoughts.

 Its blue feathers matched the colours matched the luminescent flowers and the calmness of the area cleansed your thoughts

"I know your there," You laughed as Xiao watched from afar. He kept his presence as concealed as possible from the distance yet insisted on keeping you in his sight. You reached your free hand out and gestured for him to sit next to you. Xiao jumped down from the tree and you lifted the bird into the sky, letting it fly off. 

"I must be getting clumsy," Xiao sat next to you and leaned onto your shoulder.

You laughed, "Nah. You're just messing with the wrong person," You mocked. 

Xiao looked up at you teasingly. "Right," He kissed you on the cheek. "And you're messing with an Adeptus." Xiao pulled gently at your hair.

"Ex-Adeptus," You corrected him. He pouted as you shoved him off your shoulder and you laughed. The glowing blue reflected in his amber eyes and he caught you staring.

"Don't tease me like that," He complained and turned red. Xiao alternated from looking at you and looking away in embarrassment yet, you were lost in his eyes. Xiao flicked you forehead. "Stop it," He stood up and tried to walk away.

"On no you don't," You grabbed his hand and threw him in the water playfully. Xiao stood up and pulled you into him before dropping you in the water. You both laughed while splashing each other with the running water.

Time seemed to slow down. You stared at Xiao while the water slowly fell to the floor – glowing in both the flowers and moonlight. Xiao's smile. His laugh. You loved it. He was enjoying himself for once, and it was with you. Time returned to normal speed and Xiao suddenly grinned deviously. He jumped up into the trees before plunging into the stream. Water splashed everywhere.

"Asshole," You laughed and you surrounded Xiao in water. If he wants to fight dirty, so will I. You decided. Xiao rushed around, trying to get behind you before splashing the water towards you however, you rotated a steady amount of water around you and threw it at Xiao when he let his guard down.

You both eventually sat back down – drenched – and laughed over how serious a little play fight had become. Xiao shivered slightly.

"You cold?" You mocked before collecting the water from him. Xiao looked amazed at the small ball of water that hovered over your hand before looking down at himself. "I've done that before dumbass," You dropped the water back into the stream and hit his head with your hand.

"And yet you never seem to stop surprising me," Xiao spoke honestly. He looked up at the sky and sighed, "We should get back now."

It was true. You'd been out since midday and now the moon glowed brightly. Xiao stood up and offered you his hand. You took it but he shook you towards the water before grabbing your wrist with his other hand.

"You should've seen you face," He teased. I'm so gonna get him back for that, You told yourself. But for now, you chose to maintain the comfort you found in holding his hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This was a shorter chapter but yknow, better than nothing. Gonna make Aether a major third wheeler lmao. Tell me, should I bring the tofu back? Anyway, thank you for the support!

Take care <3