Part 44 - Y/N

You tried to recall the time that had passed as you walked off the boat. Your mind was foggy. Worry filled your lungs but you couldn't let it show. The trip from Inazuma to Liyue seemed too quick to have been such a distance. 

"My, what brings you lot back here? Did you miss us?" Ningguang teased.

"Y/N?" Xiao placed the back of his hand on your forehead, "You keep spacing out. Are you alright? Please don't blame yourself, we can fix this together." Xiao's calming voice was warming but one thing stuck more than the rest, Together...

Aether cleared his throat, "Actually the situation is rough." He seemed to glare at Xiao with a warning yet, Xiao was simply amused. "Inazuma is on the verge of war with Senzhnaya but, I'm sure a representative from Inazuma will speak to you about that further."

"Ningguang," You spoke up, finally away from your overthinking. "Do you know where Zhongli might be?" Ningguang's facial expressions were hard to read but, her mystified(confused) thoughts were legible.

She hesitated, "He- What does this have to do with Zhongli?" She ignored your question and investigated the problem further.

"I just assumed that's where Childe will be," You said blandly. 

Aether exploded with laughter. "You're after Childe... So you... Ask where Zhongli is," He spoke between the mess of laughter and gasps of air. He somewhat calmed himself down, "I'm sorry." He laughed again, "Please continue."

"Zhongli should be at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor," Ningguang sighed. "I won't hold you any longer, all the best on your travels." Her golden ring sparkled even in the cloudy sky as she waved goodbye. You felt a tinge of guilt build as she walked away. You were the one who decided to tell the Kamisato siblings to get Liyue involved... And people will die because of that decision.

You slowly turned away from where Ningguang had stood. No more time to waste, you told yourself. 

The sky dimmed as you rushed through the crowded streets of Liyue Harbour. People pushed and shoved at you, trying to get to their desired location with haste. It was suffocating. You wanted to get out but, there were more important issues.

However, the noise, the people, and the rush, it was nowhere to be seen at the Funeral Parlor. In fact, people seemed to do everything they could just to avoid it. The air was still and the nearby plants appeared to be wilting away. 

"Welcome to the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor!" An enthusiastic girl approached you, "Would you like me to take your measurements?" Her eyes sparkled with fire-red flowers.

"They're not here for coffin measurements, Hu Tao." Zhongli appeared surprised by your visit. He bowed slightly as he greeted you, "What brings you here?" His voice was solid yet gentle. It brought you back to the old times you spent drinking tea with him at your side. The peace you strove to achieve... You shook your head.

"I'd like to borrow Childe," You put on a smile.

"You say that like he owns me," Childe scoffed. He walked towards the conversation with a slight limp and placed his arms around Zhongli's neck. You could smell Zhongli's perfume all over him and you were sure Zhongli loved that. It was his way of saying 'do no touch'.

"So," Childe pestered "What do you need from me?" Zhongli pulled him off and whispered something into his ear, causing Childe to straighten up and act more... Respectful.

You cleared your throat. Their business is their business, you reminded yourself, though it was so awfully obvious. "I need him to take me to the Tsaritsa. Visiting with the 11th harbinger should make our entrance..." You hesitated, "Less hostile."

"I see," Zhongli considered the request for a short moment. "Please bring him back to me unharmed." It was like he was lending you an item, or a pet.

"W-Wait a second!" Childe yelped, "Don't I get a say in what I do?!" Zhongli narrowed his eyes and Childe spoke once more, "O-Of course I'll help!"

The small girl, Hu Tao was it? Once again caught your attention. She was playing with a spirit and yet, the spirit didn't show anger as she pulled it by the tail. Strange indeed, You thought but chose to pay it no mind since it wasn't doing any harm. It was at that moment you noticed the sakura branch on her hat. It harmonised perfectly with her outfit but it seemed to be losing its colour.

"Y/N..." Aether breathed heavily, "I finally... Caught up." He collapsed on the floor and continued to catch his breath. Paimon caught up and collapsed beside him.

"Paimon is... SOOO EXHAUSTED!" She complained.

"Y/N," Xiao jumped down from the roof. "I think it'd be best if we rested for the night. Aether is only human and Paimon is... Well, Paimons Paimon." 

"You seem to be doing well," Zhongli gently hit Xiao on the head as a reminder that he was there.

"Uh- Da- Mo- Zhongli!" Xiao stuttered, "G-Good to see you. I'm doing fine thank you," He turned red. "We- We should get going." He grabbed your wrist gently and pulled you away. Aether unwillingly stood up to follow you, dragging Paimon along with him.

"I'll meet you in the morning to collect Child," You yelled as you got further away from Zhongli. "So don't be too rough on him!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay so here's a bit of info I've researched for future purposes. To get to Snezhnaya you have to either go through the back of Mondstatd or through Fontaine (What I decided). Fontaine is the Hydro Archon so I'm gonna make it like swampy even though its thought to be based on France but I'll somewhat incorporate that. Uh- the image below is what I'm using as a reference for places and distance and stuff but bc there's like no info on these places in particular I'm going to have to wing it so wish me luck.

 Uh- the image below is what I'm using as a reference for places and distance and stuff but bc there's like no info on these places in particular I'm going to have to wing it so wish me luck

Anyways take care I love you all <3