Part 40 - Y/N

"Thank Celestia!" Ayaka exclaimed at the sight of Thoma. "Thank you," She bowed toward you but as she looked up again, Ayaka turned slightly red and lifted her posture.

"I have to say, Ayaka." Ayato began, "At first I thought you were just exaggerating but, after watching Y/N fight I realised that they're just as powerful as you said."

"Well, uh-" You stuttered and felt a slight heat rush to your face.

"Well duh," Paimon appeared with an opinion to share. "Y/N is the ruler of gods after all." Your title made you cringe and Ayato laughed.

 Xiao dropped his hand on your shoulder and started placing more and more weight on you. It took too many seconds before it dawned on you, His injury! "We should find an inn to stay at," You tried to change the topic. 

"Why don't you stay here, at the Kamisato estate." Ayato suggested, "Think of it as, payment for rescuing Thoma." 

You look towards Xiao, Would he be able to make it anywhere else? You thought, He looks like he's about to collapse...

"Will that include food?" Paimon greedily asked. 

Thoma laughed, "Of course! It's the least we can do."

"Then we're in!" Paimon decided for us.

Thoma leads us through the maze of hallways and rooms before stopping in front of two rooms. "I hope you don't mind sharing, there are two beds in each room." Thoma turned to leave but stopped, "Call me if you need anything."

"You and Pai-"

"I'll share a room with Xiao," You interrupted Aether. "He is my boyfriend after all." You knew that Aether was jealous but, Xiao's injury was more important than some petty fight over you. Xiao followed you into the room and you closed the door behind him.

"Lay down," You ordered.

"I-" Xiao turned red and went to protest, "I'm fine!"

You raised an eyebrow, "I won't ask again." Xiao turned a brighter shade of red before laying down on his stomach. You gently lifted his shirt to reveal the bloody mess on his lower back. "Tell me if it hurts," You spoke in a soft tone. You grabbed one of the towels and gently started to clean up the blood to reveal the cut.

Xiao let out a quiet groan, stopping you for a moment. "It's fine," He spoke harshly from the pain. You looked back down at the cut and noticed it went slightly beyond the top of his pants. Your face turned bright red and you took a deep breath before slightly lowering Xiao's pants.

"Y/N, I-" Xiao squirmed under your touch. "W-What are you doing?"

You stopped to wring the blood from the towel, "Cleaning the wound."

"Then why are you-"

"If you hadn't been so reckless, I wouldn't have to." That shut him up. 

You finished clearing the blood but every time you got close to the lower half of the slash, Xiao would twitch at your touch. Time to heal it, You told yourself. Carefully, you untied the bandages from your (non-dominant) hand and cut a small slit in your palm. You drew a circle with the blood and pressed your hands together before placing them on Xiao's back. As you watch the wound close, your vision blurred and you became unsteady.

"Y/N!" Xiao reached out as you fell to the floor coughing.

You struggled between coughs, "Don't... Over exert yourself... The physical injury may be healed but... You can still hurt yourself." This curse is getting annoying, You scoff at how pathetic you are.

Xiao crawled down to the floor next to you. He gently wrapped his arms around your waist and whispered into your ear, "This is my fault, I'm sorry." He tightened his hug and placed a soft kiss on the back of your head.

You couldn't help but sneer, "This is my fault. I chose to heal you, don't forget that." You swallowed at the feeling of dryness in your throat.

"I'll get you some water," Xiao offered. "Stay he-"

"Your clothes are filthy," You stated causing Xiao to stop and face you. "And I'm aware that you don't have spares," You mock. 

Xiao turned red, "Well, uh."

You sigh. "I'm gonna have a shower, want me to wash them?" You'd successfully changed the subject.

Xiao looked away. "You've already done so much for me, I-" He stopped.

"It's really no trouble," You smiled. Xiao still refused to look at you so you took his hand and pulled him into a hug. "I love you," You reminded him. Xiao kissed you and spoke quietly, "I love you too."

After a long embrace, Xiao gently pushed you away, "I can do it." He sat down and watched you walk into the bathroom.

***

"Paimon thinks we should let them sleep," A squeaky voice woke you up.

You opened your heavy eyes and sat up in your bed. "Good morning," You yawned. It's been a while since I've slept that much, You thought.

"Morning," Aether smiled. "Sorry for waking you." 

You brushed it off and got out of bed. "Isn't Yoimiya's firework display today?" You asked with a dry throat.

"Mhm!" Paimon sparkled, "We should head to Inazuma City, Paimon wants to try all the food we missed last year!"

"Could you be any louder?" Xiao's irritated voice echoed through the room. He lazily got up and kissed your forehead, "Morning."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm back from the dead! No promises I won't die again thought </3. *sigh* procrastination is a bitch. I'm struggling to get all my ideas in order so chapters will be coming out slow. But! I will try to post more (ehe). I haven't updated in like a month I'm so sorry! Anyway, shits going down next chapter so have fun waiting!

Take care <3