Part 21 - Y/N

Xiao tried to find the door while keeping his eyes closed. "I'm sorry," He repeated.

"You're alright," You spoke as gently as you could. "Uh, that's the wrong way," You giggled as he walked along a wall.

"Sorry," Xiao kept trying to find the door with his eyes close. "Y'know, you could help rather than just laughing at me."

You slip an oversized shirt on, "You can open your eyes."

Xiao turned bright red, "But I..."

"I'm dressed," You interrupt.

He sighed and opened his eyes. His amber eyes fall to you and you blush, He's always so serious. Xiao's eyes wander down and then he turned a brighter shade of red. 

"You get flustered so easily," You laugh.

"Says you," He mumbles. "I'm very sorry," He spoke quickly and left, slamming the door behind him.

You sigh and take off the shirt to rebandage yourself, I feel... Nervous, You think. I couldn't even hear him and it felt like he walked in with no reason. Was he truly just worried? You wonder and replay the moment in your head, "I'm so sorry!" He didn't seem to be lying.

***

You walk out of the bathroom to find Xiao curled up in a ball leaning against the wall. He hugged his legs tighter when he heard you walk out.

"Xiao..?" You sit down next to him, "What's wrong?"

"How are you so calm?" He whispered, "I..." He faltered.

"I'm not calm," You admit. "I genuinely didn't expect that but... It can't be helped. I understand that you were only worried and you were very apologetic as well as polite," You laugh a bit. 

Xiao just sat there in silence. You wanted to make him feel better but, What do I do? You asked yourself. You lean on Xiao's shoulder and slowly fiddle with his hair. 

"I love you," You whisper in his ear and continue to stroke his hair.

"I love you too," He mumbles softly.

Xiao lets his arms fall to the floor and lifts his head out from his legs. His eyes were slightly puffy and his face was red.

He sighed, "Emotions suck."

"They do," You laughed. 

Xiao lifted his hand towards your face but pulled away. 

"Xiao..." 

"I don't want to hurt you," He cut in. "I..."

"You won't," You turned to face Xiao. 

You reach out with both arms offering Xiao a hug. He was hesitant but he crawled into your arms and hid his face in your chest. You continued to stroke his hair and enjoy his company, His warmth is so comforting.

Xiao eventually lifted his head. He looked into your eyes and smiled. "You're very pretty/handsome." He whispered into your ear, sending warmth to your face. He laughed as you looked away.

"*sshole," You mumbled while Xiao stood up.

"What was that?" Xiao demanded, looking down at you.

"N... Nothing!" You look up at him and stutter.

Xiao suddenly leans down and picks you up off the ground. He places you on the bed and bends down towards you. He runs his fingers through your hair gently.

A/N: If you h*rny mfers want sm*t search this on Spotify. It fits fairly well.

 It fits fairly well

***

"I'm back," Xiao handed you a plate of Almond Tofu. 

"Thank you," You smile. 

"I have a question..." Xiao states and you hum to show your listening, "What do you like to do in your spare time?"

"My spare time..." You think, I don't normally get spare time. "Well... When I'm not fighting... I usually train." 

Xiao stayed quiet and the silence became unbearable. He probably was expecting something more entertaining than training. 

"So..." You try to start up the conversation again, "How about you?"

"Do you want to go out and have some fun?" Xiao mumbled, ignoring your question.

"Huh?" You struggle to process what Xiao just suggested. "Uh sure," You manage.

He offers you his hand, "I don't know what you like to do but... I'd like to take you somewhere." You grab his hand and he pulls you towards him. Xiao carefully picks you up and jumps out of the window.

***

Xiao brings you to a mountain that overlooks Liyue Harbour. The city was lit beautifully lit at night, you gaze at the stars reflected in the water. Xiao wraps his arms around you from behind, startling you. A tingle runs through your body and yet, you were comforted. Xiao was usually predictable, but... He acted spontaneously when showing affection.

"The Lantern Rite is in a week," Xiao's heartbeat fastened. "Would you... Do the honour of going with me?"

"Like a date?" You ask and Xiao nodded, heat rushed to your face. "I... I would like that."

"Another thing..." Xiao's voice began to tremble, "Would you... Uhm... Never mind."

Xiao's heartbeat is worrying me but... What do I say? You wonder. I don't even know why it increased.

"Xiao," I have to do something. "You're safe with me. I'll always protect you, remember that okay?"

Xiao tightened his hug slightly and rested his head on your shoulder, "Thank you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yes this is my 'innocent'. I'm sorry for the shorter chapter but my motivation to get out of bed is failing me! Thank you for the support so far, I love you all!

Take care!