chapter 6 - bloodshot eyes

note: this chapter contains both pov's so don't get confused midway, I will mark when each start, enjoy :) 

Pov: Liv (drugs & violence: slight TW)

The moment I avoid eye contact with him, I start to feel misty-eyed, "What are you doing here, Jace?" I murmur trying not to sound choked up. 

I'm not going to tolerate him showing up out of nowhere after all that we've been through.

I flinch as he leans closer against the counter, "It's been a year or more Liv, you can't still be mad about what went down with your brother," he asserts cruelly and I gulp. 

"What went down with him? He overdosed on fucking drugs because of you, and you were there. You were there when it happened and did nothing about it." I yell as I take a step back, I notice the ugly smirk on his face, and I curl my fingers into fists.

Nate is in the cafe's storage room, and I have no idea what to do to get his attention. I need help, I need somebody, anybody. I need him. 

As Jace leans in to place his palm on my cheek, I slap him without thinking, disgusted at the thought of him touching me, without even realizing what I have just done. 

My slap infuriates him, so he grabs my wrist and twists it, causing me to scream in pain, "Listen here bitch, Luke is dead because of you, you weren't enough for him, your whole fucking family wasn't. He was depressed and I made it easier on him," he spits out and my blood boils from anger and betrayal. 

I'm beyond terrified and fearful when I see his bloodshot eyes.

At that moment, to my relief, I hear the door chime and see Nate walk in, his expression dropping as he catches a glimpse of me. 

I'm frozen in place as I watch Jace dig his nails into my left my wrist and yell to Nate, "Who the fuck are you?" 

"I could ask you the same fucking thing," Nate aggressively replies, a deadly aura now surrounding him, mostly filled with hatred. 

Nate catches a glimpse of my tear-stained face and clenches his fists. His eyes burn holes into Jace, and I can do nothing but softly plead with him to help me. 

Seeing his fists, I nod to him to confirm what I hope he is about to do. He sucks in a breath and within a second, he tackles Jace, pinning him to the ground. My heart skips a few beats in fear as my wrist stings in pain from Jace's previous assault.

As Jace struggles to free himself from Nate's grip, Nate slams his fist into Jace's face. This goes on until Jace has blood all over his face, Nate's going to break something if this goes on much longer so I yell at him to stop. 

"What the fuck did you do to her?" He growls and the tears brim in my eyes, my mind suddenly remembering all the fucking trauma Jace has put me through. The trauma I've buried deep in me for so long but now it's all resurfacing.

"Fuck you dude, I didn't know you had a protector Liv, good to know," Jace has the audacity to say & despite his blood-stained face, his smirk is clearly visible. Fucker.

"Fuck off Jace, get the fuck out of here," I cry out, my voice breaking. As I focus my gaze on the ground, I lift my head when I hear the doorbell chime.