chapter 18 - mess of tears

Note: LONGGG CHAPTER!

Pov: Liv

The sound of my phone ringing wakes me up. I open my eyes to see an empty bed and my phone buzzing on the bedside table, with a lazy yawn, I lean out and reach for the phone. 

My mom's contact flashes in my eyes and I instantly get up to attend the call; I have been getting constant health updates from the hospital and I recall them saying that my parents aren't discharged but are getting better. 

"Hey honey, it's been long, how are you?" My mom says as I pick up, "Hi mom, I'm doing good, everything's fine... actually just a bit tired." I sigh out, recollecting the memories from last night. Gosh, I love him.  

I press around my leg to realise that the pain has subsided a bit, that's when I see Nate walk into the room with flour all over his chest and a cute frown on his face. What did he do now?

"Baby why the fuck did you not tell me that you kept the flour on the top shelf? Oh, and I made some coffee for you," he whines as he pats down his chest to get rid of the flour, and I can't help but laugh, trying to silence him.

"Who was that, Liv?" My dad questions from the other side of the phone and I internally slap my head, shit. 

I come up with a lie on the spot, "Sorry dad nobody, just the chef, anyways how are you guys doing?" I try to change the topic as Nate stands there with his hands on either side of his hips like a total drama queen. This boy. 

I mute my side of the call, "Bitch I love you, you're my fucking soulmate but you look like an idiot, go shower I'll join you," I scold him with a grin and he sticks his tongue at me. 

He smiles and heads into the shower, "Yes sorry, you were saying?" I continue, "Right, liv, your dad & I have a surprise for you! We booked you a flight for Jersey, it leaves in 4-5 hours, you could come here and spend the night with us," my mom announces and I'm stunned. 

Okay, I wasn't expecting that, so I let out a gasp. "What! mom, really?" I smile, "Yes hun, you'll reach here by afternoon and then you can head back Monday morning!" she exclaims, I grin at the idea and say my goodbyes. I missed them so much, way more than I realize. 

After going through all the flight details and such, I happily get up from the bed and make my way into the bathroom. "Oh would you look at who can walk!" I hear my boyfriend deadpan from behind the shower curtain as he peeks out and smirks at me, I give him a acerbic thin-lipped smile and brush my teeth. 

I hear the water stop and peek beside me to see him walking out of the shower, a cloud of steam following behind him and looming above our heads. With his eyes fixed on mine and mine on his naked chest, water dripping down his abs and leaving my throat parched, he grabs the towel and skillfully wraps it around his waist.

I finish brushing and pat my mouth dry, not taking my eyes off him. He leans over and kisses my cheek, causing me to flutter my eyes shut at how hot and heavy his breath feels fanning my skin, his warm lips stroking my cheek. I move so I can see us in the mirror, our eyes meet through the mirror, and my eyes shift to see his lips curve into a smirk. 

"Good morning, my love," his rough morning voice whispers, a sudden change from the goofy sounding guy he was not even a while ago, I whimper as his hand wraps around my waist. "Morning," I manage to whisper and his lips connect with my neck, ever-so-slowly teasing my skin with his tongue. 

His fingers slip inside my pajama shorts, and I grip onto his wrist to stop him but my hold slips as he cups me and strokes me up and down. My body sways to fall against his and he protectively holds on to me, sliding a finger inside my wetness. A good morning indeed, fuck, that feels amazing.