chapter 10 - I can't breathe

There is sensitive content in this chapter, I will start it with a TW [trigger warning]

note: this chapter contains both pov's so don't get confused midway, I will mark when each start, enjoy :) 

Pov: Liv

After the dance studio moment Nate & I shared nothing much happened, he came over and collected his jacket. We talked and watched Brave again, we might've cuddled a bit because I gave in to it. 

The night flew by as I overthought our relationship or friendship  (not even labeled at this point but it's okay). 

I tried calling my parents a couple of times last night but I got no answer from them, I haven't heard from them since they left. This started to worry me a lot, did they forget or are they even okay?

I get up early this morning to bake a few cupcakes, I want to take my mind off this entire thing so I carry on with my day. I'm in the kitchen when I hear a knock on the front door. Something in my heart hopes it's Nate but I'm sure it isn't, he hasn't replied to my texts or calls as of yet. I hope he's okay.

I have flour all over my apron as I open the door to see Roman holding a huge canvas in his hands, I smile and ask him to come inside. 

"How come you're here so early? Everything alright, Ro?" I ask him as he stands in front of me with an awkward smile on his face. "Yes, of course, I wanted to show you my artwork since my airhead friends are apparently busy. Do you want to check it out?" He asserts rather playfully, I jump in excitement and agree. 

He proudly holds it up for me to see and my mouth falls agape at the artistic beauty in front of me. I'm absolutely mesmerized by the painting, which shows how hard he has worked on it, and the color scheme is euphoric. 

"Roman, It's absolutely beautiful. You did an amazing job, I love everything about it, I'm so proud of you!" I nearly yell out of excitement and get on my tippy toes to wrap my arms around his broad shoulders.

After he hugs me back with a grin, I hear my phone ring as he thanks me and plops down on the couch. 

It's an unknown number, which makes me a tad bit nervous as I pick up the call, "Good morning, Is this Liv Arlene?" the caller says, she sounded like a grown woman. 

"Yes, this is her. Who is this?" I reply almost instantly.

The woman's tone turns serious as she continues, "Linda & Steven Arlene are your parents' names, is that right miss?" she questions and my heart plummets to the bottom of my stomach. My smile drops immediately at the mention of their names and my throat runs dry. 

"Yes ma'am, Is there something wrong?" I choke out, and seeing my worried expression, Roman gets on his feet to stand in front of me with a concerned look on his face. 

"I'm afraid so, I'm an officer who works near the Morristown hospital in New Jersey. Your parents got into an accident miss. I believe that they were here for a business trip before they got admitted," she declares in a low voice and my heart falters. Everything crumbles, shatters even. I knew something was wrong, I fucking knew it. 

The room starts to spin, and tears form in my eyes. It all hits me at once, am I going to be alone again? Am I back to square one?