chapter 14 - my little angel

Pov: Nate

A certain warmth radiates from near my chest as I wake up to see Lana still sleeping next to me. What a perfect way to wake up. Her whole face lights up when she opens her eyes and sees me smiling at her, I take my chance to kiss her on the forehead just to make sure this is real. 

I feel safe with her in my arms, I feel safe for the first time in so long. 

She slowly takes the blanket off of our bodies, stands up, and stretches. "Good morning my love," she whispers as I lean back onto the headboard with my hands supporting the back of my head. 

"Good morning Lana," I lazily drawl out as she walks over and kisses my cheek. 

"Get up Nate, we have school and I don't want to miss today," she urges and I roll my eyes and pull her closer to me by her waist, her lips parting with a gasp. "Do you have dance today? Like can you dance or are you too tired from last night?" I comment with a smirk, knowing it'll push her buttons. 

She wiggles out of my grip with a laugh and leaves me to walk into the bathroom, "Shut up I'm fine, you might want to go look in the mirror though," she calls out and I raise my eyebrow in confusion. 

In the next minute, I'm up and on my feet to walk into the bathroom to see my hair messed up, no doubt, a few hickeys down my neck and near my jawline. Ah fuck. 

I run my tongue over the bridge of my teeth and look at all her marks on me, such a good girl, "Clever, but you know, you might want to consider before running that pretty mouth of yours. Look in the mirror sweetheart," I snicker. 

Her eyes widen as she takes a look at herself in the mirror, "Fuck, Nate," she murmurs while tracing her fingers down her neck where I left many hickeys, her sensitive soft skin was too tempting not to mark. I couldn't help myself. 

 All her hickeys are all too prominent to look past, some near her neck, collarbones, chest, and lower stomach, damn I'm proud. 

I bite my lip and she turns around just to finger my abs, fuck she's such a tease. Her soft touch running all over my skin causes me to tense up and she very well notices that, her big doe eyes looking up at me. She's so pretty. 

I lean against the wall as she suddenly switches to panic mode, it's amusing really, "How are we going to cover this up!?" she exclaims and I laugh. 

"Relax this way no guy would even dare to lay a hand on you, you're mine, they'll know that now," I reason with her but I can tell she's having none of it. I tried. 

"Well at least we have to try, I'll just use makeup," she gives up and says with a shrug.

That's when I get an idea and I bend down to kiss her forehead, any sort of physical connection with her is enough to get my heart racing. "Or you could just wear my hoodie? It would cover everything, I could wear one of my turtlenecks. Don't worry about it baby, I've got you covered... literally," I suggest and watch her face light up in the most adorable way. She agrees and goes in to shower. 

I have a few clothes from my house but not much, I need to get the rest here somehow. I can't go back there but I'll have to figure something out. 

I'm waiting for Lana to get out of the shower when my phone starts to ring, a huge smile bursts on my face when I see the caller ID. My little angel.

"Jules! hey, how's my little angel doing?" I call out in excitement as I pick up the call, It's been a while since I've heard her soft comforting voice. God, I miss her.