chapter 16 - growing impatient

Pov: Liv

Today's Noah's big day! 

This suggests why Nate slept over at Noah's house last night because evidently, Noah is bursting with nervousness for today evening. I'm pondering over all this while we all sit in my living room with Noah laying down on Hayden's lap as she runs her fingers through his hair trying to calm him down. 

Nate is busy watching his best friend having a meltdown while casually eating a pop tart, and here I am in the arms of Roman who is sketching a portrait of a teary-eyed Noah. 

"Sweetie calm down, I'm sure his kids are going to like you. You're going to be an amazing big step-brother, right guys?" Hayden whispers to Noah as she kisses his forehead for assurance. She's damn right. 

"Hay's right N, you're all going to be fine. I'm so happy for you!" I cheer along with her hoping to get him to smile, which just leaves the rest of the two lazybones to reply with a hum. 

"Noah, turn slightly to your left, chin down, chin down, more- MORE!" Roman demands as his pencil gracefully glides across the paper. He has talent but horrible timing because this only agitates Noah more.

"Roman, if I tilt my chin more I'm going to have two of them. And Nate aren't you going to say anything or are you just not bothered?" Noah whines with a huff, leaning his chin up to kiss Hayden.  

"Nah I'm just not bothered," Nate smirks, and of course, his comment earns him a death stare from me. 

"Oh yeah, by the way, Hayden, and Liv... we have surprises for you!" Noah declares as he wipes his 'tears' and jumps up from the couch. "Nate go get the covers from the garage," Noah orders at Nate, who rolls his eyes and lazily strolls into the garage. 

Hayden plops down next to me and slings her arm over my shoulder, "What's with sassy pants?" she whispers, referring to Nate and I bite my lip to hide my smile. 

"We didn't get enough sleep so he's being a baby about it," I explain, blushing thinking about last night, damn he lasted even after the car session. 

That's when we hear Nate come out of the backdoor with 2 large bags in his hands which look like they have gowns in them and a big box. The three boys take their place in front of both of us with one item each in their hands, I can't wait to see what they got us. 

Nate is the first to step forward and open the bag to reveal a gorgeous deep neck and open-back silk-based gown. It's a beautiful light peach color that looks elegant. I love it so much!

I grin and instantly place my mouth against his, kissing him gently, "Thank you, it's beautiful Nate," I whisper in awe as he kisses me once more and replies, "You're going to look stunning in it baby, I'm glad you liked it."

"Okay, my turn! Hay I got the same thing but in your favorite color, I love you!" Noah excitedly says and grins as Hayden opens the bag. Inside is the exact same dress but in a jet-black color, I already know she's going to love it. 

When her eyes catch sight of it she leaps into Noah's arms with a loud happy giggle, he twirls her around as she repeatedly thanks him. These two are so adorable. I don't think she leaves even one spot of his face unkissed as she clutches the dress in her hands.

So that only leaves Roman, we patiently watch as he clears his throat and walks toward both of us. "Clear the way imbeciles, let the magic begin!" He announces as he opens the big box in front of us. Oh. My. God. He... I love this guy.