chapter 2 - hot or not

Pov: Liv  

"Liv, Hayden just pulled into the driveway, you better wake up" I heard my mom yell from downstairs, and by just those words I was up. 

The last thing you'd want your day, to begin with, is a morning Hayden jumping up and down your mattress, while you're laying on it, that shit hurts. 

I got up, scrolled past most of my notifications, and played some music, the first song that blasted was 'Crash and Burn by Maggie Lindemann'.

I got into the shower, and just as I expected, Hayden yells from where I assumed she was standing, on the spiral stairs that connect the ground floor of my house to the top floor.

"Be ready in 5, or I'm ramming your door open Liv, don't tell me I didn't warn you. GET OUT QUICK"

I got out of there in 10 minutes, totally not because of the fear of what Hay might do on a school morning, but because I was getting my outfit ready. 

Honestly, the best part (the only part) of high school is that I like wearing my style of clothes & outfits each day. 

I wore my oversized brown sweater, a short black skirt, black stockings/tights, and my black converse (picture above). 

I don't usually wear makeup, the only thing I put on is mascara so I quickly did that and ran down the stairs. 

I sit down at the breakfast table along with Hayden and my mom, my dad was nowhere to be seen, that's weird considering he always cooks for us.

"Your dad had some work to take care of before the cafe opens today, that's the reason he isn't here if you are wondering why he's missing." My mom openly states as she notices me looking for him. 

I nod & pick up a granola bar or two from the counter, Hayden does the same as we rush towards her black Mercedes Benz. 

We reached school rather quickly and there it was, on the front gate 'RIVER EDGE HIGH SCHOOL - SCHOOL FOR  THE DILIGENT'. 

Yeah, no this school is a fucked up disaster, I wonder why they don't call it - 'FALL OF THE RIVERS EDGE HIGH SCHOOL - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO'

We walk in and part ways since I have a free hour, first hour, and Hayden has AP Calc. 

I make my way to the library, It's the one place where I could finish my work in peace and no one would bother me. 

I sit on a beanbag situated near the left side of the main entrance, plug in my earphones, and listen to songs by the neighborhood, it was going fine until I hear a pesky high-pitched voice and another deep one down the corridor.

I lean in my chair so that I had a good view of who it was and of course, I wasn't even surprised to see Ember Fletcher, she stood in a way that her back was facing me. 

Thankfully she couldn't see my nosy ass staring at her while she talked to a tall guy standing in front of her.

He towered over her, he seemed to be like 6'1 ft & compared to Ember who is like 5'5 ft, the difference is saddening. 

I know I shouldn't be talking about height since I'm 5'6 ft, he would look like a tree next to me. 

I couldn't see the guy's face clearly, that was until I leaned further off of my chair & that's when I got a proper look... it was Nate Caeser. 

I'm not going to lie, among all the boneheaded guys in our school Nate would be the most attractive one; at that moment (while I was looking at him, I took in all his beauty), his jet black hair was unruly but managed to look so hot when he ran his hands through it, his eyes were an alluring shade of dark brown, eyes you can easily get lost in. 

His jawline was sculpted perfectly and he had a cut on the corner of his lip which looked untouched. 

He was wearing a black t-shirt that outlined his features perfectly, paired with his leather jacket, black jeans & black converse. 

His fingers were long, on his left hand he wore 2 metal rings - on his middle & index fingers, just above his fingers I noticed that his knuckles were bruised. 

Nate was notorious for getting into fights frequently because he loses his shit and no one can control him, yet he maintains a rather cocky personality until someone tends to piss him off.

Either way hot or not, I keep my distance from him and I am sticking to that decision. 

I tend to not draw a shit ton of attention to myself as he does, so I'm not bothered about him noticing me. 

I was caught up in my thoughts and that's when I noticed his eyes were focused on something in my direction, someone

I turn to look at who he was looking at but there wasn't anyone behind me so when I looked back at him, he looked directly into my eyes & his expression changed, he nodded his head and smirked, this bitch. 

So much for not noticing me, great going Liv. 

I got up from my seat and walked out of the library. 

I steadily attempted to walk past Nate and Ember, when Ember stopped me mid-step and questioned me, "Hey there Liv, damn looks like a new day, an uglier outfit. Oh, and what's it like hanging out with the suicide squad?" 

I couldn't care less about why she was being bitchier than usual but my reply was simple enough "Hey Ember, what about you? a new day and you still haven't learned to not use a hammer and a blowtorch to apply all your makeup. And if you're referring to Hayden, don't bother because she would be glad to slap you into the next fucking decade". 

I suddenly felt Nate's presence close to me the minute I replied to Ember, he snickered while she shot him a glare & walked away.

I instantly walked away after that, oddly enough that 'interaction' kept replaying in my head for the rest of the school day, and not the parts where Ember had her head up her ass but Nate. 

He seemed different today, I didn't feel like it was in a good way. I don't notice him regularly or anything, okay who am I kidding, I do but that's usual for me.

I observe the people around me, how they are, how they behave, and how they react to certain things; It's one of the weirdest things about being the only child, I mean, now that I'm an only child. 

Nate's bruises, which seemed to have appeared recently, and his weird mood may be connected. 

I didn't pay much attention to it because after this dragging school day, I was mainly focused on the new employee down at the cafe. 

                                                                                                  ...

Hey guys! This was chapter two, this was my first time describing the characters a bit so I hope that it was written well <3

I guess y'all got an insight on most of the characters, I can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter :)

How do you think Liv's first day working at the cafe going to go?? (GET READYYY) 

Any feedbacks - feel free to comment (constructive & positive though)

- lots of love, T