chapter 19 - I need her

note: this chapter contains both pov's so don't get confused midway, I will mark when each starts, enjoy :) ps. this is going to be a long chapter but an important one

Pov: Nate (Domestic abuse: Trigger warning)

Yesterday night, Liv called me in tears and told me about the situation with her parents. I was near ready to fly there myself but I don't think my bank account can afford that right now; I do hate that she had to go through that alone because I wasn't there but I'm going to pick her up from the airport in a few minutes. 

With my thoughts running amock in my mind, I speed down the highway to get to the airport just in time. The cigarette leaves my fingers to be supported between my lips, I take a final drag as I lean against my Chevrolet, waiting for Lana to come out of the terminal. Time moves the slowest when you're waiting for someone you love to finally show up like damn my heart is a mess & so is my patience level. 

That is until I catch a glimpse of my girl, oh god, my heart fails to catch up with the relief mixed with adoration coursing through my veins. I don't allow my eyes to fixate on anything else but the perfect figure that just walked out of the door, my perfect girl. 

The second she sees me, her face instantly lights up, and she almost drops her bag to run toward me. With a loud giggle, she runs into my arms and I wrap mine protectively around her, encasing her body in my embrace. I missed her so much.

Her hands fist my t-shirt and she buries her face in my chest, I laugh as She holds onto my waist tightly as if she'll pass out if she lets go. To be honest, I think I might just collapse if she lets go.

"I missed you too baby," I whisper with a grin and kiss her forehead, her lips curve into a small smile and she tilts her head up to place a gentle kiss on my lips. We take a moment to get lost in the kiss, all of our longing getting lost in that connection and found again in our eyes & hearts.

I slip her backpack off her shoulders and sling it on mine using my right hand while my left hand entwines with hers. "I missed you, god, I think I'm addicted to you," she whispers, mostly to herself and to me, making me smile. I'm going to kiss her until she's breathless, but once we're in the car. 

We get seated and I start the car, our thoughts are the same because as soon as we get comfortable, Lana grabs the sides of my face and slams her lips against mine. 

I hum into her mouth and my tongue takes its time to swipe across her bottom lip, causing her to shiver and bite down on my bottom lip at the same time. "Fuck," I breathlessly grunt and kiss her with such passion that she moans into my mouth, this goes on until we're short of breath and are broken off by my phone ringing.

"I hate that your phone always cock blocks us," she whines and playfully rolls her eyes while I pull out my phone from my pocket, my mother's contact flashing the screen. For fucks sake, way to ruin the moment. "Sorry baby gotta take this," I groan and answer the call. 

I take a deep breath, "Yes?" I say, not expecting her to call me but here we are anyway. Life is all about surprises they say, and in turn, I fucking hate surprises, too much anxiety. 

"N-Nate, you need to listen to me. Please just come home, your dad got fired from his job and I'm afraid he's going to kill me. Nate please, come home righ-" my mom stutters into the phone, her voice high-pitched and constantly cut off, she sounds absolutely terrified.