chapter 5 - got it bad

Pov: Liv 

Friday is the best day of the week, prove me wrong. 

Today, I have fewer classes at school, dance practice after school, and I'm working at the cafe. 

I get ready quickly and search for something good to wear, I finally settle on wearing a cropped black turtle neck, a black mini skirt, stockings, my leather jacket, and a pair of boots (picture above).

I run downstairs to see my mom pacing up and down the kitchen while my dad is seated on the sofa. 

"Why do you guys look so down? What happened?" I worriedly ask them. 

My mom asks me to sit down on the sofa, never a good sign. 

"Sweetie, your father has some important work to attend to overseas and I volunteered to go with him. I was just wondering if you'll be okay, living alone for a while?"

Business overseas? Doesn't my father own a cafe and, not the mafia, I wondered. 

I have no clue why I even thought of that but considering that my dad has been distant from my mom & me lately, I have my suspicions. 

"Sure, how long will you guys be gone? a few days, a week at the most?" I ask my mom, she places her hand on my leg and sighs. An even worse sign.

"3 weeks honey."And there goes that, yeah, I'm most definitely fucked.

I agree as they grab a shit ton of packed suitcases and head out the door, here we go, now I have the house to myself for the next 3 god damn weeks. 

Don't get me wrong, I have a shit ton of freedom and can do whatever I want, but the thing is, I have a difficult time dealing with loneliness.

I hate sleeping in an empty house so, I am slightly scared of these next few weeks. 

I'll deal with it, I mean, what's the worse that could happen?

I do have a car of my own, but my dad shares it with me. Not for the next three weeks anyway, so fuck yes!

Since he's gone for a long while, I have full control over the black Porsche Cayenne parked in my basement garage. 

I start the car and the rev of the engine is my motivation for the rest of the day, I reach school in 15 minutes.

Although I don't smoke as much I used to before, I am yet to learn control when I see people I know smoke because I get the overwhelming urge to do it. 

I used to only smoke when things got really bad and that rule still applies, thankfully things have been under control but I don't know what's going to happen this week.

As I start walking to the main gate of the school, I see Nate & Noah leaning on Nate's car while Roman is on his bike. 

All three of them had cigarettes between their lips. Nate catches me looking at them and starts waving at me, I wave back & walk toward them.

Roman is now standing from where he had been seated on his bike, saying, "Hey Liv." 

I reciprocate the greeting and stand there. I'm awkward, I can't help it.

I've always been curious about Roman, he's the mysterious artistic type, I want to get to know him better, he feels like the goodness I so desperately need in my life. 

What's it like being friends with Roman Monroe? This is a question that can only be answered by either Noah or Nate.

To be honest, there isn't much you would need to know about Noah, he's the captain of the football team, known to be a hard-core player (both on the field and romantically) and he's a massive goofball who is addicted to partying & smoking.