chapter 9 - it's you

note: this chapter contains both pov's so don't get confused midway, I will mark when each start, enjoy :) They may be especially confusing in this chapter so I have marked them in bold too.

Pov: Liv

I enter school with my duffel bag and dance clothes on, but I feel so conscious all of a sudden like everyone's eyes are on me... at all times.

With a weird sinking feeling in my chest, I go into the girl's bathroom to use it, and inside I see some of the girls from the dance team. We have dance next hour, so I smile and ask Ashley about practice today.

She sarcastically smiles at me, and it feels like. ajab to my gut, "Sorry the girls and I are skipping practice today. We don't need you to lead us until you clear up the picture that Ember put up about you." What picture? What the fuck?

That's when fumble with my phone and open Instagram, with shaky hands I check Ember's profile to see the post. My breath hitches and my jaw slacks in shock.

I swallow hard and feel my eyes tear up as Ashley dashes over my shoulder before she walks out.

With my phone still open, I can still see the post through the blur of my tears, it's a picture of me at Hayden's party once I passed out.

I'm on the grass topless and this guy, who doesn't even have his face towards the camera, has his hands all over my fucking body. The bile rises in my throat as I stand there feeling violated and dirty, I feel fucking disgusted. How could she?

Considering I'm quite insecure about my body and have  a lot of anxiety when it comes to it, this disrupts it all. This one fucking post is like the hammer that shatters my glass, and now that it's shattered, what can I do to piece it back together? How can I just sit here trying to touch it when all I'll do is bleed?

"A true fucking whore" - the caption says and I wince, letting my tears unite with the ground.

What have I ever done to Ember? Why the fuck does she take every chance she gets to ruin everything. If she cares about her own reputation, she won't post things like this. Hell, if anyone ever had one ounce of kindness in their damn body, they wouldn't be liking all this and texting me cruel shit right now.

I wipe away my hot tears using the back of my palm and put my phone on do not disturb, I don't think crying will solve this embarrassing situation.

Ignorance and moving on will, even if it's temporary, I don't want to deal with this right now.

I just pick up my things and head to the dance studio, dance always helps me to get my mind off things and that's what I need right now. A distraction.

I reached in no time and am seated on the dance studio floor when I hear footsteps approaching from behind me.

I turn to see Nate leaning against the door frame, "Heard nobody else showed up for practice, so I decided to drop by. Are you in need of a dance partner Lana?" he asks me, my heart skips a beat and I smile for the first time today.

I'm highly in doubt about his dancing skills but the way he is looking into my eyes feels different, it feels like he cares. It hurt, what went down earlier and with the girls but I'm not going to let that bring me down. I want to let myself be happy with him because I'm scared I won't be able to feel it again.