chapter 3 - all of her beauty

Pov: Nate

I woke up with a throbbing headache, another fucking day at school. 

My reputation is quite shitty at school but that's because guys over there are practically asking to get beaten up. 

I make my way into my dark-tiled washroom, my LEDs shone brightly over the large silver-rimmed mirror in front of me.  

A vague sense of uneasiness washes over me as I observe my reflection on the mirror, a cut on my lip, bruised knuckles & a bruise below my chest... all given by the man I call my father. 

He truly finds ways to constantly make my life a living hell, I want to get my own place and get the fuck away from this house but I would never do that to my mom. 

Even if she doesn't give a flying fuck about me, she's still my mother. 

My dad's probably out somewhere, as usual, drinking or smoking or whatever, I honestly couldn't care less. 

I quickly shower, get dressed, and rush to my mom. The house is pretty dull, not huge but considerably big, covered in either grey or black paint. 

"Don't wait up for me in the evening mom, not that you do either way but I got a part-time job at a cafe near the school. I'll be working there after school, so see you when I get back, whenever that is." I mentioned before I slipped out the door, her response to that was "fine sure but try not to upset your father with whatever you are doing, bye son" how typical of my mom. 

I open the door to my black Chevrolet Camaro and settle in. 

The drive to school doesn't take long since I study at River Edge High School - (school for fucked up teenagers) or in a formal sense, school for the diligent. 

And also yes, the only high school within miles of the city on the river's edge.

I park at my usual spot and then see Noah and Roman walking toward me. 

Noah has been my best friend for years now whereas Roman just started hanging out with us, he isn't really the type of person Noah & I usually hang out with but he's the good influence of our friend group.  

"Dude, did you see what Ember posted yesterday? that was a hardcore bitch move," Noah says as he shows me a post exposing this girl in our class, Raechel, and it was basically a slut shame.

Classic fucking Ember, her insecurities being reflected on others.

"Jules would literally murder Ember if she saw that" Roman laughs, "Bro, Your sister is so badass, my only wish is to see her against Ember, a fucking catfight" Noah jokes, and we all laugh.

We disperse in separate directions since the boys and I didn't have the same classes during the first hour, I plugged in my earphones and headed toward the library. 

Just as I'm entering, I'm pulled into the corridor by none other than, Ember Fletcher.

"Hey, Nate did you get me my flowers baby?" she says and tries to sound seductive, with emphasis on the tries.

That girl is beyond delusional if she ever thinks that something is going to happen between us because I'm not even in the headspace for a relationship right now and even if I was, it will not be with her. 

She continued to ramble on and on as I continuously nodded my head until something caught my eye. 

I leaned away from the wall to see Liv Arlene, peering through the library door almost on the verge of falling off her chair. 

She was focused on Ember up till she noticed me and looked at me, I've never actually paid complete attention to her before other than passing by her in the hallway or seeing her at dance performances. 

But in this light, while I'm looking at her, I'm taking in all of her beauty. 

Her eyes are a mesmerizing shade of blue, it goes well with her shoulder-length dark brown hair perfectly. 

Her facial features are so exquisite, and she has a nose ring which makes her look bold but cute.

She's wearing a brown sweater that looks to be twice her size but compliments her well, a short black skirt, black transparent leggings, and a pair of black converse, oh fuck. 

I like her sense of style. 

She notices me staring at her and I take that chance to nod & smirk directly at her, was it an imbecile move? definitely, could I possibly take it back? hell no. 

She gets up to make her way out but that's when Ember stops her and says "Hey there Liv, damn looks like a new day, an uglier outfit. Oh, and what's it like hanging out with the suicide squad?" 

I have the urge to slap Ember but I refrain from doing it, why draw more attention to myself?

However what intrigued me was Liv's answer to that snarky comment, "Hey Ember, what about you? a new day and you still haven't learned to not use a hammer and a blowtorch to apply all your makeup. And if you're referring to Hayden, don't bother because she would be glad to slap you into the next fucking decade." 

Damn, she's feisty.

I shifted from one leg to the other so I was discreetly standing closer to Liv, for some apparent reason, I felt a bit at ease when I was closer to her. 

I didn't acknowledge it much as both the girls walked away whereas my main goal is to get through the damn day and get the damn job. 

...

HEYY YALL so this was a quick chapter in Nate's point of view about what happened near the library, since you guys already know Liv's POV I figured it'd be fun to also know Nate's!!

Hope you guys enjoyed this small chapter, part 2 of the same chapter will be out soon.

Until then, 

- lots of love, T