chapter 8 - cute story

Pov: Liv

I don't even remember what the fuck happened last night, I know that I took some shitty drugs, completely my fault, passed out and that Nate brought me back home. Thank god he did, god, I'm such a burden. 

I wake up exhausted & to see him awake next to me as I lay in bed. My legs are on his lap as I curled up and let the warmth of his body seep into mine. 

I'm so close to him that I can smell his cologne, I feel slight comfort as he pulls me into his warm embrace. His arms holding me protectively close to him, I love it. 

I look up to see him focused on the book he's reading, Edgar Allan Poe classics. The book he borrowed from the library a day or so ago, I was right there when he did. 

My head is still pounding from last night so I don't acknowledge the situation and stay put in bed, I move my head a little lower on his shoulder so he gets to know that I'm awake. 

I softly sigh and shift my leg lower on his lap & all of a sudden I feel his hand moving up and down the side of my thigh, in a slow soothing motion, and just by that my stomach fills with butterflies. 

How did I manage to wake up to a situation like this? I'm beyond glad but still, I surprise myself sometimes. 

"Good morning princess, how are you feeling?" He puts down the book and asks me. I look into his gentle brown eyes, "Shitty but thank you for last night, Nate, honestly. Death was so close I could've practically tasted it, you kept me safe." I smile and tiredly rub my eyes. 

I notice that I'm still in my outfit from last night which is starting to get really suffocating for me so I slowly get up from the bed but that's when I felt a shooting pain in my stomach. Oh shit.

I hold my stomach and groan out loud, I suddenly feel like throwing up, and then a sharp pain strikes my lower abdomen. I leap from the bed and rush into the bathroom. 

I bend over the toilet bowl and puke out everything; I feel fucking awful, my throat is burning and so are my eyes. I hear Nate stumble into the bathroom, "Oh fuck Lana" He worriedly mumbles as he bends down beside me and grabs my hair into his hand to prevent it from falling onto my face. 

"Nate, don't, it's okay please," I whisper, feeling embarrassed. He stubbornly shakes his head, "I'm here, It's okay, I got you," He mumbles as he slowly rubs my back in a circular motion and I feel another wave of nausea come upon me. 

I empty out what feels like my whole goddamn stomach and Nate stays by my side, helping me throughout the entire shitshow. I finally feel a thousand times better, so I wash my face and get up. 

Nate hands me a towel and suddenly pulls me into a hug, I exhaustedly wrap my hands around his waist, "Lana, you scared me last night, don't do fucked up things like that please," He confesses and my heart swells.

I smile and nod in agreement. Is it just me or are we getting somewhere? He cares about me. Nate Caseser cares about me. 

"You can change your clothes and head downstairs, we can make breakfast together if you are up for it. Are you okay with that?" He suggests with a heartwarming smile on his face. My heart thuds with happiness in my chest and I smile at him, "Yes, of course, I'll be down in 5," I say as he exits the room. 

I take a quick shower and change into a sweatshirt & sweatpants, I head down to be greeted by a shirtless Nate in the middle of my kitchen Isle. What a fucking view at 10 in the morning, I have been truly blessed.