chapter 12 - just the two of us

Pov: Liv

I wake up in the best way possible, in his embrace. His arms are tightly wrapped around my waist and he pulls me into his bare chest.

The bed sheets are covering our bodies as I look over to see his beautiful early morning face; his hair is messy and his lips are slightly parted as he slowly inhales and exhales. 

He looks absolutely beautiful as the sun's rays shine brightly on him, highlighting his perfect features and making him look peaceful and safe. 

I give into my desires and trace my fingers along his face & his bruises as I rest my chest against his. My heartbeat starts catching up to his as if our bodies are responding to each other's warmth simultaneously. 

He grazes and traces patterns on my bareback with his soft fingers as he slips them into my t-shirt, his eyes open and a soft smile crosses his face. I can't ask for a better way to wake up, I smile and stay in his arms for a little longer. 

He leans down and plants a kiss on my forehead, making my heart flutter, "Good morning, my love," he whispers in his deep morning voice I lean up to kiss his cheek. 

That's when I feel my tummy grumble and I get up, "Up and at em buddy boy, I'm hungry" I state. I ruined the sentimental moment I know, but nothing comes first other than food when I'm hungry. 

"I'm sleepy Lana" he whines and covers his eyes using his palms like a little baby, I smirk and move to sit on top of him. Licking my lips before I steadily kiss my way from down his chest to his neck until I feel him shudder under my touch. That's my guy. 

I look up to meet his lust-filled eyes, "Lana" he warns, his voice sounding deep and demanding, that it sends shivers down my spine. I smile and shrug, "You know I want this," I whisper and he bites down on his bottom lip, frustratingly running his hand over his face. 

I'm turned on for absolutely nothing at 10 in the morning, fuck, it might have something to do with the fact that I woke up next to Nate with his hands on my bare skin, caressing, touching, and setting every inch of me alight. 

I decide to give both of us some rest and get up off of him, I walk into the washroom to do my stuff while I hear him getting up from the bed. 

Once I'm done I come out to see him leaning against the wall, "There's a spare toothbrush in the cabinet and you'll find some other things there too. I'll wait for you downstairs," I cheerfully clarify and he kisses my forehead before going inside.

I make my way downstairs, skipping down the steps, and smiling to myself.  I look through the pantry to see what's there to eat and to my disappointment, all I see is cereal, bread, candy, and some other things. 

I grab a box of fruit loops cereal and head to the breakfast counter, I don't care what people say, this shit tastes so fucking good. It's so yummy, especially with ice-cold milk first thing in the morning. 

I grab some cold milk from the fridge and sit down facing my back toward the stairs. I'm casually eating my cereal when I feel a strong pair of hands wrap around my waist, and since I'm a dramatic piece of shit who is backed up with enough trauma, I scream. 

The hands drop from around me and I whirl around to come face-to-face with a wide-eyed Nate, "Oh my god Lana, would stop screaming like that?" he yells, "Yeah if you stopped creeping up on me like that, you scared me fool!" I yell back.