Chance encounter

Sam: Let's go? My treat! It is not often that I bump into someone I know... And I like (smiles looking at Sarah)
Shin (giggles): Tara na Sis. May manglilibre na!
Sarah: Sam, no really it's ok. Baka may gagawin ka pa. We will go back sa boarding house na rin kasi.
Sam (looked at her almost pleading): I insist! Please.... Ok lang ba sa Starbucks?
Shin: No problem with me. (Whispers to Sarah) Huwag na umarte sis.
Sarah (smiles shyly): Ok. We can spare some time.
The three of them entered the coffee shop and Sam went to the counter to order and the two of them looked for a place to sit. Ivan saw them.
Ivan: Dude! Oh no.... Sarah's here. Nagpunta ba si Matt sa restroom?
Stefano (looked at the table where's Ivan is looking): Yeah. He just went in a minute ago. Is that really her?
Claudia: I like her short hair. She looks beautiful. And that is a handsome young man (smiles as she saw Sam). Mukhang naka move on na from your friend. ( as they watched Sarah smiling to Sam and thanking him for the coffee)
Stefano: Hey Love. Don't say that. Matt's still hoping for a second chance.
Ivan (coughed): Incoming! (As he saw Matt coming out from the restroom) change topic guys and we better head out. Don't let him see them.
Matt: Hey guys! I need to go. Having a slight headache...kulang sa tulog yata. Bakit mukhang nakakita kayo ng multo?
Stefano: Ahmm...nothing bro. We go this way sa kabilang exit tayo. We are heading out na rin kasi.
Matt: What?! You're funny Stefano (smirks) I'm parked this way ( his voice trailed off as he saw them once he turned pointing to the other exit)
He saw Sarah with Shin and another guy smiling as they are talking about something. She cut her hair short... God! she look beautiful. She is skinnier and slightly pale... But she is the same Sarah he love. That smile with those cute dimples... But she's smiling at someone else. Jealousy struck him.
Ivan: Matt! Don't! Please don't approach her.
............
Sam: Alam mo your cousin Klarisse really is funny. Nakwento niya ba sa yo that she accidentally went to surprise Andy for his birthday and went to his condo dressed like a candy striper and make him harana? She barged into the condo dressed in very short red skirt and stripe knee high socks with a headdress to die for began to sang and only realized later that the whole barkada was there together with Andy's parents. (Laughs)
Shin (laughs): Naimagine ko ang face ni Klarisse super red of embarrassment.
Sarah (smiles): She can be a handful. Ewan ko nga bakit nakatiis din si Andy. Saan ka pala nag aaral Sam?
Sam: Ateneo. Hindi ako law student (smiles) hindi kaya ng powers. I'm in business management. Ikaw nga nakwento ni Klarisse na full scholarship ka sa UP. Hindi ko alam na law pala course mo.
Shin: Wow ha... In fairness updated ka kay Sarah.
Sam (laughs): Ewan ko ba. Everytime Klarisse and I saw each other we usually end up talking about her. I admit though I'm usually the first one to ask about her. Maybe we can go out again sometime if your schedule permits and if you're ok with it, Sarah (smiles). I would like to know you better.
Sarah (smiles and thought it's nice to see someone handsome and kind like this man interested in me): We'll see. Kaya lang Sam priorities ko talaga ang studies ko ngayon.
Sam: Hey! I'm not rushing into things. Kahit friendship lang muna.
Shin: Ahem! Hey guys kasali pa ba ako dito? (Laughs)
Sarah (laughs): Sorry sis. But seriously Sam, my heart needs to heal muna.
Matt: Hon...Sarah?!
Sarah stiffened... She know that voice from behind. She looked at Shin wide-eyed staring at the man standing behind her. Slowly she turned and came face to face with Matt.
Matt: Hi! Ahmm... I know this is not the best place nor the best time... But can we talk?
Sarah just stared at him and don't know what to say. Part of her wanted to hug him and tell him how much she missed him... But pride seem to get in the way. Sam stood up and offered his hand.
Sam: Hi! I'm Sam, pare.
Matt looked at Sam and took his hand for a handshake.
Matt: Matt. Can I borrow Sarah for a while? Shin? (Looks at Shin pleading and she just nods)
Sarah gathered her composure and looked at Shin who gave her a knowing nod. She stood up, excused herself and pulled Matt into one corner.
Sarah: Matt, I don't think na may pag uusapan pa tayo.
Matt: Hon... You never gave me a chance to fully explain. I miss you! I still love you.
Sarah: I have told you. Nasira mo ang tiwala ko. Napag usapan natin di ba? Our relationship was built on love and trust. Mawala lang ang isa dun hindi na stable. I thought naiintindihan mo ako. I have my responsibilities and you know my priorities. You told me you understand. Pero bakit ganun hindi lang ako available may ibang babae ka ng kahalikan? And reason mo alcohol? I may not be in med school pero hindi ako tanga to think that even slight consciousness wala kang alam sa pinaggagawa mo.
Matt: I know! I know! It was a stupid mistake. But please.... Hear me out. Can you give me a second chance? Hindi ko hinihingi na maging ok tayo agad agad. Just give me a chance to gain your trust again. Ayaw ko lang that you avoid me like a plague.
Sarah (teary-eyed she looked at him): Just give me space for now. Let's rediscover our own self for a while. Let's move on our separate lives. Tingnan mo ang sarili mo.... You better clean up. I have to go... Bye Matt!
Matt: Ok (also teary-eyed) If that's what you want... You look beautiful with short hair by the way. It suits you. (He calls after her)
Sam: Are you ok? (Ask her as she approached them)
Sarah: Yeah (wiping a tear). We better go.
Matt looked after Sarah... he watched as the three of them left the coffee shop. You really blew it Matthew he thought. I have to get my act now. If I have to gain her trust and love back, I have to be the man she deserves.

Ano kaya ang gagawin ni Matt? Will he win Sarah back?😕