A Time Apart

Matt: Do you really have to go home soon? You can stay in my place.
Sarah: Love, alam mo naman di ba? My contract already ended and nagkasakit pa si nanay. I know I told you na I will be going home just before Christmas pero sabi ni Joy kailangan ipacheck up ulit si nanay kasi matamlay daw at walang ganang kumain. You understand right? (Touched his face lovingly)
Matt (sighs): I just.... I wanted us to have some time together before Christmas. Hindi ako makakauwi sa Pilipinas for the holidays. It will be really hectic for us kasi nga December usually maraming emergencies. Besides nakaschedule na ang leave ko for our wedding on February. (Pulls her for a hug) I am going to miss you a whole lot.
Sarah: I am going to miss you too. My flight is scheduled on December 8. We have 5 days love. I asked for an extension sa apartment ko. Buti pumayag na si Mrs. Jenkins. (Pulls out from his hug and looked at his eyes) Don't be sad ok. Kakayanin natin ito. Konting sakripisyo na lang and we will be together as one. I love you! (Kissed him lovingly on the lips)

They spend most of their quality time together for the last 5days. Sarah made sure she can eat with him most of the time in between his breaks and even on his 24 hours duty in the hospital. The night before Sarah's flight home.......
Matt: Love, can we sleep together tonight? You know just sleep. Just this time before you fly back home. The next time we see each other will be a week before our wedding.
Please.....
Sarah (looked at him almost begging and she can't help but laugh): Ok. One last time before I go. Nakakaawa ang face mo kasi (laughs)
Matt (smiles widely): Ang cute ko no?
Sarah (laughs): Sus! Feelingero naman ni hubby to be. Oo na.... Cute ka na.
Matt (smiles): I just have to get my things before we go to your place.
Sarah: I think we have to change venue. Doon na tayo sa place mo. All my things are packed na and no more furnitures na dun sa place ko. Those who will rent the place after me will be there tomorrow. Mrs. Jenkins supposedly allowed me so sleep in her spare room for tonight before I leave for the Philippines tomorrow.
Matt: How come you never told me?
Sarah: Hindi ba? Nakalimutan ko lang.
Matt: Ok we will get all your things from there. After lunch pa flight mo right?
Sarah: Yup! 1pm.
Matt: I'll drive you to the airport. Timothy will cover for me for several hours.
Sarah: Aw! Thanks Love. Don't worry the 2 months will just be a breeze.

After they got all of Sarah's things they went to Matt's place.
Matt: You can sleep in my room. I'll just sleep here in the living room.
Sarah: You won't be comfortable in that reclining chair. (There's no sofa in his place) We can share the bed.
Matt: Really?! (He smiled and winks)
Sarah: To sleep! Ikaw talaga. We already talk about this.
Matt: I'm just joking.  Ok. We can share the bed but we can at least hug right?
Sarah: Oo na. Ang kulit! I'll have a quick shower na lang.
After both have freshen up, they lie on the with his left arm around her and her head on his chest.
Matt: Imagine this for the rest of our lives. With you beside me always.
Sarah (hugs closer to him): Hmmm... I can imagine (smiles) I never thought we will have our second chance and ever since ikaw lang naman ang gusto kong kasama habangbuhay.
Matt (kissed her hair): I realize that too. Akala ko I have moved on from you when I met Marj. Pero hindi pala..... when I saw you again, I know it's still you.
Sarah: Buti na lang God made it happen that our paths crossed again. Mukhang naniniwala na ako sa destiny (smiles and looks up to him and gave him a peck on the lips)
Matt: Hmmm... Yun lang? Di ba pwedeng longer kiss? (Pouts his lips)
Sarah: Pwedeng pwede (smiles widely and moves her lips closer to his)

Matt met her halfway and gently move her closer with his hand on her nape. Sarah gave a soft moan when he parted her lips and licked. Her hand on his chest and he slowly moved her to her side and lay her down on bed. They continued their passionate kiss until they are almost out of breath.
Matt: Oh Love..... We better stop now before I can't control it any longer. (Kissed her forehead) I will wait for the right time.
Sarah: Thanks Love. Magtalikuran muna tayo (laughs and gave him a peck) Good night!

The next morning she woke up and found herself face to face with fiancé sleeping. She looked at him lovingly.... Mamimiss ko to ng sobra, she thought. She gently touched his face, trace her fingers on his brows, his nose, his lips which later turned into a smile as he woke up.
Matt: Hmmm... Good morning Love (slightly rubbing his right eye) Gwapo ba?
Sarah (smiled): Gwapong gwapo. Good morning. I'm just thinking I am going to miss you so much.
Matt: I am going to miss you too. (Gave her a peck on the lips) What time is it?
Sarah: It's 6am.
Matt: Oh... I better get up and get to the hospital before 7am. Magpapaalam lang ako later to send you to the airport. I'll be here for lunch. You can sleep again if you want Love. I hate to see you go....Pero gusto ko pa rin ihatid kita sa airport.
Sarah: Thanks Love! I'll prepare something for lunch later.

After lunch, Matt helped her with her bags and they head to the airport. Once she checked in, she went out to Matt and bid goodbye.
Matt (hugs her tight and kissed her hair): Have a safe flight Love. Miss you already kahit hindi ka pa umaalis. I love you so much! (Gets teary eyed)
Sarah: I love you too. I will surely miss you (tears fall down her cheeks as she rest her head on his chest)
Matt: We will keep in touch everyday ok? May Skype, Facetime and viber naman. Look love (pulls away from her and wipes her tears) sabi mo nga it's just 2months then we will be together again and we will have our forever (smiles)
Sarah (smiles): Yes and I'm excited for that day to come. (Place her hand around his neck and kissed him)
Matt place his hands around her waist and pulled her close and kissed her back. The kiss lasted for a few seconds but it felt like eternity for both of them.

Hay..... Long distance relationship na naman. 😔❤️