Getting Closer

Sarah: Come in! (She said as someone knocks on her office door) Oh hi! Ahm.... You need something? (Surprised when she look up and saw Matt at the door)
Matt: Ahm...hi! (Scratches his head ------ which he usually does when he's nervous) I just want to talk to you... But I guess you're busy (looking on the paperworks in front of her)
Sarah: Oh yeah. Dr. Morrison needs these ASAP. Bakit may problema ka ba? Have a seat first.
Matt went in and sat on the chair in front of her table.
Matt: It is not really important. Just finish your work. Hindi na kasi tayo nag usap after the night when case with Mr. Walters was closed.
Sarah: Oh... Sorry ha. Thank you nga pala sa paghatid sa akin nun. I was really drunk (laughs)
Matt: It was nothing. Yeah, you were wasted (laughs)
Sarah: I don't usually drink much but I don't know what got into me that night.(smiles)
Matt (looks at her ---- he really loves her smile): I have to go to let you finish your work. Are you free for dinner?
Sarah (looks at him): Ahm... I don't know Matt. I...I...
Matt: Sarah, I know you heard about me and Marj. It's just dinner... I just need to talk to someone.... To you.
Sarah thought should I go? Is it too soon for him to date again?
Matt: Please....
Sarah: I'll just text you. Baka gabi na ko matapos. May meeting pa kami ng 6pm.
Matt: No problem. Late dinner... Please.
Sarah (laughs): Makulit ka pa rin talaga. I will text you, ok? Wala ka bang duty?
Matt: Last night duty ako. So tomorrow pa ako on call. I'm free tonight. See you.
He stood up and cheerfully went out with a smile. Sarah smiled as her heart fluttered a bit. He's really charmer and she knows he still have a place in her heart... Hindi naman nawala. But relax Sarah... Remember guard your heart this time.
...........................
Sarah received a text from him. He's already at the lobby waiting for her. Ang kulit talaga... it's already past 9 and she thought hindi na matutuloy. When the elevator door opened, she saw him sitting on the sofa by the hospital lobby. She held her breath as her heart skipped a beat. How can he be so handsome? He went home and freshen up I guess. He was wearing a white polo with sleeves rolled up, jeans and his signature smile that would melt any girl's heart. She was glad she removed her top coat and she now wears her white sleeveless dress.
Matt smiled as she saw Sarah went out the elevator. God she's beautiful. Her smile radiates the entire lobby and white really suits her. I wonder how she will look in a wedding gown? Hey Matt! First step first... ligawan mo muna.
Matt: Hey! Ready for dinner?
Sarah (laughs): I guess it's too late for dinner. But I'm ready.
Matt: Tara na before tayo matunaw with all those stares. (Some of the hospital were staring at them)
They went inside a restaurant and ate dinner. There was a moment of silence as they wait for their food.
Sarah: So what do you want to talk to me about?
Matt: Ahm... I just want company. Besides I'm forever thankful for your help sa case with Mr. Walters (Ano ba naman Matt....alibi ka pa....get your act straight)
Sarah: Ano ka ba... I'm just doing my job. I'm not buying that.... You want to talk about something else. Are you mending a broken heart? (Laughs) if you don't mind me asking.... Ano ba ang nangyari sa inyo ni Marj? You two look great together. Tapos pareho pa kayong doctor.
Matt: We... We decided it's for the best. I...I love someone else. (Looked at her with a serious face)
Sarah don't know what to say and was thankful their food was ready.
Waiter: Enjoy your meal Mam, Sir. Anything else you need?
Sarah: No more, thank you.
Waiter: Just call if you need anything.
Matt: Thank you.
Sarah: I'm starving. I never felt it until I saw the food (she said smiling)
Matt (smiled at her): You're beautiful! (He whispered)
Sarah: What? Did you say something?
Matt: Ahm.... I just said I'm hungry too. (Smiles)
They ate for several minutes in silence.
Sarah: The food is really good. Alam mo na talaga ang place na to?
Matt: Mark brought me here before. His uncle owns the place. Ang sarap ng pasta no?
Sarah: Oo ang sarap. Or it is just gutom lang ako (laughs)
Matt: Siguro (smiles) Hmm... Sarah, can I ask you a question?
Sarah: Uy mukhang seryoso a. Ano yun? (Smiles)
Matt: Is it ok with you if I court you again? (Sarah just stared at him a little bit confused)  I know that I've hurt you in the past and I regret doing so. If I could do it all over again it would be different.
Sarah: I...I don't know Matt. We work in the same place...also Marj.
Matt: Please just give me a second chance. No promises.....just let me love you again. (Reached out his hand to touch hers)
Sarah (removed her hand): I don't know what to say. The heart takes time to heal. I have forgiven you but I don't know yet if I can accept you again.
Matt: No promises! (Raised his right hand) I swear. If we could just bring back even just friendship... another chance is all I need. I know you are worried what other people will say but please just don't think. Let us just let time take its course. Hindi naman natin alam where it ends but at least we tried. Di ba?
Sarah: You know... Kahit noon pa what you usually say makes perfect sense (smiles) Ok.... No promises! Come what may... Deal? (Extends her hand)
Matt: Deal! (Smiles and shakes her hand)
................................
Shin: Sis!!!! OMG! Sabi ko na nga ba hindi pa siya over sa yo. (She screams throughout the computer screen)
Sarah: Sis, Hindi ko alam ang nararamdaman ko. It's almost 2am here and hindi ako makatulog. The dinner..... The conversation and finally the kiss on my hand before he went home.... it all felt good.  Just like old times to think na kakasabi niya pa lang na he will court me. Kaya I have to talk to you through Skype.
Shin:  Hay naku! Kinikilig ako for you! (Giggles) He loves you naman talaga e. Your break up before really boils down from miscommunication and misunderstanding.
Sarah: Hindi no! It was because of a broken trust! Sinira niya ang tiwala ko sa kanya.
Shin: You have forgiven him right? Just start from the beginning. Erase those bad thoughts about him and learn to know him as if it's the first time. Pero siyempre pakipot ka ng konti (laughs)
Sarah (giggles): Ikaw talaga! Ang sarap kiligin ulit (laughs) Ang gwapo kasi ni Matt ngayon. Plus points pa na doctor na siya.
Shin (laughs): So this is a test for you not to give in right away.
........................
Sarah woke up the next day when her phone rings.
Sarah: Hello?
Matt: Hello, good morning sleepyhead! Rise and shine. Can you please get up now and open your door?
Sarah (sits up from her bed): You're outside my door? (Checked her watch 6:00am) Matt! 6am pa lang. Ang aga aga pa. (Gets up and splashed water on her face and nanghilamos)
Matt: I went out for a jog then bought breakfast for us. Can you please let me in?
Sarah: Hay naku! Just give me 1 sec. (Quickly combed her hair and dressed up in a white shirt and shorts just above her knees)
Matt: Hi! (Smiles widely lifting two plastic bags with food) I brought pancakes and hotdogs with coffee.
Sarah (smiles....how can he look so handsome even when wet with sweat): Seems like you are dressed for breakfast.
Matt: Sorry (scratches his head) I run for several kilometers kasi. I bought everything na because I'm not sure what you eat.
Sarah: Coffee and a fruit is ok for me. Come in and have a seat. Sorry medyo magulo ang place ko.
Matt: It's ok. Nakapunta na ako dito di ba?
Sarah: Don't remind me. Gusto ko na kalimutan yong time na nalasing ako.
Matt: You know what? Ang ganda mo. Even in simple shirt and shorts you look great.
Sarah: Hay naku Matthew Fernan! Huwag na tayo magbolahan. Akin na  ang coffee.
Matt: Uy.. You have to eat breakfast. Ang dami nito. Eat!
Sarah: Ganun ka pa rin....bully! (sticks her tongue out to him)
Matt (laughs): And you're still a baby.
Sarah: Grabe ang lakas mo naman makapintas! Sige na nga kakain na po. I have to be in the hospital by 9am.
Matt: Don't worry I'll drive you there. Dun na rin magshashower sa quarters e.
Sarah: You don't have to do that. I can grab a cab. After we eat you go ahead.
Matt: Nope! I will wait for you and drive you there. End of story.
Sarah: Bahala ka na nga!
The breakfast meet-up became a habit for the two of them. Matt usually drops by for breakfast at least twice in a week when he is free. They have been the talk of the hospital
for several weeks now since they are mostly seen together.
Sarah: Hi Mark! Have you seen Matt? I haven't seen him for two days and he didn't respond to my text messages.
Mark: Hi Sarah! He didn't tell you? He's down with a flu. He called in sick yesterday and he said he couldn't get up for work.
Sarah (got worried): Oh really. Does he live alone?
Mark: Yeah. I can give his home address if you want.
...........................
Sarah bought some fresh fruits and bread for him and went to his apartment. She rang the doorbell several times but no one came to the door. She really got worried and went to the landlord to get it opened. The landlord was hesitant at first but later agreed to open it when Sarah told him that Matt wasn't able to go to work for two days.
Sarah: Matt!? Matt?! (She saw Matt in his room shivering under the sheets) a Hey! are you ok? OMG! You're burning up.
Matt (shivers and half-opened his eyes): Sa...Sarah? (Reached out and held her hand)
Sarah stood up and looked for a towel and a basin of water. She began to sponge off Matt to take of the heat. She place slightly cold towel on his forehead and went to the kitchen to prepare chicken soup.
Sarah: I really don't get it why you doctors take care of the sick but can't seem to take care of yourselves. (Sighs as Matt stopped shivering) Matt, you have to sit up to drink this soup. Gagaling ka nito.
Matt: Thank you. May paracetamol sa may medicine cabinet sa comfort room. I have to take it. I'm so happy ang ganda nag nurse ko. Paano mo nalaman na may sakit ako?
Sarah: Mark told me. Nasabi niya na you live alone so sabi ko walang mag aalaga sa yo. I decided to come here.
Matt (smiles widely): So concern ka rin pala sa akin. (Sarah slaps his arm) Aw! (Dramatically rubbing) Ang sakit ha! Ako na nga ang may sakit battered pa.
Sarah (laughs and rub his arm gently): Sorry. Ikaw kasi. So ok ka na naman I'll go home. See you tomorrow.
Matt: Can you stay overnight? Promise I'll behave. May fever pa naman ako.
Sarah (feels his forehead using the back of her hand): Bumaba na ang lagnat mo. And you are already up so kaya mo na.
Matt (he took her hand and kissed it): Thank you for taking care of me. I really appreciate it. (Smiles widely)
Sarah (smiles and look at him....he looks like hell because he's sick but really adorable): You're welcome. Look I really have to go it's getting late. I'll just take a cab. Don't get up na ang walk me to the door. (She leaned and kissed his cheek and walked to the door)

Both of them surprised of what she did..... Matt looked after her smiling while he touched his cheek where she kissed. I will really get well soon! He thought.

Getting closer na nga ba?
Enjoy reading guys 😍