Our little bundle of Joy 😍

Matt: Hon, it will be just a short trip. Kailangan ko kasi pumunta sa conference dahil speaker ako. Besides your expected date of delivery is 2 weeks from now. It will be just a 3 day conference and sa Singapore lang naman. Malapit lang.
Sarah: Eh Hon. Natatakot kasi ako. What if manganak ako ng wala ka dito? I will be really scared.
Matt: I promise that won't happen. Ibinilin na kita kay Dr. Chavez. She assured us that your pregnancy is very much ok and our baby girl is healthy. Si Nanay kasama mo dito and nandyan naman si Manang Belen at si Riza yong bago nating katulong. I can book a flight easy if in case of emergency. Marami na ang flights from Singapore.
Sarah: Ok. Ingat ka don ha? Ang lecture mo ba on the 1st day?
Matt: Sa second day e. But as soon as I finish the lecture uwi na ko agad. Ok? (Kissed her lips and hugged her tight) Don't worry too much.
She hugged back tight.

Nanay: Nak, masama ba pakiramdam mo? Kakaalis lang ni Matthew naging matamlay ka kaagad.
Sarah: Medyo masakit po kasi ang likod ko. Gutom na po kayo Nay? Ipahanda ko po kayo kay Manang Belen.
Nanay: Ok lang anak. Busog pa ako. Ang dami kong nakain kaninang almusal. Ikaw? Dapat kumain ka para may lakas ka pag panganak mo.
Sarah: Ok lang po ako Nay. Matutulog po muna ako. Ang aga ko po nagising dahil maaga din flight ni Matt.
Nanay: Sige Nak. Magpahinga ka na muna. Huwag mo na akong intindihin. Ok lang ako rito.

Sarah went into their baby's room instead. The room has white walls and the yellow crib placed just at the side of the room. The ultrasound showed that their baby will be a girl pero sinigurado nila ni Matt na maging neutral ang colors para just in case magkamali sa ultrasound. She sat down the rocking chair and placed her hands on her tummy.
Sarah: Baby, malapit na tayo magkita. Always remember na your Mommy and Daddy will love you truly and will be there every step of your life. Huwag mo ako masyadong pahirapan ha? (Smiles) I love you my baby!

Sarah woke up after 3 hours. Hindi niya namalayan nakatulog siya sa rocking chair. She checked on her phone and saw 3 missed calls. Tumawag na pala ang asawa niya at mahimbing ang tulog niya.
Matt: Hello Hon?! You woke up na?  Are you ok?
Sarah: Yeah. Napahimbing ang tulog at na silent ko pala ang phone.
Matt: I called Manang Belen kanina to check on you kasi I was worried na hindi ka sumasagot. We just checked in sa hotel and I have to prepare for my talk tomorrow. I had it moved on the first day.
Sarah: Ok lang ba yon?
Matt: One of the speakers for the first day can't make it on time so I volunteered na ako na para makauwi agad. Ok ka lang diyan? Nakausap  ko rin kanina si Nanay. Kumain ka ng mabuti and sleep early. I love you.
Sarah: I love you too.

Sarah woke the next morning with mild contractions. She checked on her phone and read Matt's message...early morning that he will call after his talk which was scheduled at 9am. It's almost 9am na pala....I slept late na (she thought). She went into the bathroom for a quick shower after she texted him and went to the dining room.
Nanay: Nak, good morning. Mahimbing yata ang tulog mo.
Sarah: Oo nga Nay. Napasarap ang tulog. After ko uminom ng warm milk. Nag almusal na po kayo? Medyo tumitigas na ng konti ang tiyan ko.
Nanay: Tapos na. Pero ok naman pakiramdam mo? Baka mamaya dumalas ang contractions.
Sarah: Oo nga po. Medyo nakaramdam ako ng nerbyos. Si Matt mamaya pa pwedeng tawagan. Kain na lang po muna ako.
Nanay: Sige at ako muna ang iidlip. Ang aga ko kasing gumising.

After brunch, she went into the nursery room and looked around the room. Excited na talaga ako for our baby....she thought. She fixed some things and folded some baby clothes they prepared once the baby comes. She checked on the emergency bag they prepared (the one they have to bring once it's time). Biglang nakaramdam siya ng konting kirot sa puson niya. She breathe deeply and slowly made her way to bathroom.
She sat on the toilet bowl to pee....when she noted sudden pain and leaking water (not urine).
Sarah: Manang Belen!!!!

Matthew finished his talk after an hour and spent extra 30minutes for some questions.
Dr. Morrison: Matthew, that was a very nice talk. You really had a thorough research on the topic.
Matt: Thank you sir. It is great honor to hear that you like it being one of my mentors (smiles)
Dr. Morrison: I would like to visit the Philippines again. The last time that we had an interaction is in the United States. By the way, this is Dr. Chun....he is the head of general surgery here in Tan Tock Sen Hospital here in Singapore.
Matt: Oh hi Sir. It's my pleasure to meet you.
Dr. Chun: It is also my pleasure to meet you. Harry here is truly proud of you as one of his trainees. He already told me so many nice things about you. Truly a hardworking young man.
Matt (smiles): Thank you sir. It is only because I have the best mentor too.
Dr. Chun: Maybe we should talk some time to see if we could come up a consortium or exchange of ideas in between hospitals in different countries.
Dr. Morrison: That will be a great idea. Maybe we could talk about it before this conference ends.
Matt: I would love to do that sir but I'm sorry but my wife is giving birth anytime in the Philippines so I better head back. I really appreciate the compliments and would love the opportunity to discuss ideas with you but I guess I have to  attend to my wife first.
Dr. Chun: Oh Congratulations! Of course, your family is still priority.
Dr. Morrison: Congratulations to you and Sarah! Send my regards. You better call her now.
Matt: Thank you sir. Excuse me and nice to meet you again Dr. Chun. Promise I will keep in touch.

Matt checked on his phone and saw 10missed calls.....he called back Nanay quickly.
Matt: Nay! Hello po. May problema po ba?
Nanay: Hijo, si Sarah sinugod namin sa ospital. Nag labor na. Nag leak na ang bag of water niya. Kasama ko dito si Belen. Siya na ang inuutusan ko magpunta ng admitting.
Matt (sound worried): Sige po. Tawagan ko na lang po ang residente ko para matulungan kayo. (He knows na sumasakit na rin ang tuhod ni Nanay pag matagal ang paglalakad) I will take the first flight I can get back to Manila. Sige po Nay balitaan niyo lang po ako.
He rushed to the airport and got to the earliest flight possible. He called his resident physician and processed Sarah's admission and asked for any updates. Nakausap niya rin si Dr. Chavez and assured him that she will take care of Sarah.
Sarah: Aaaah! Nurse! Nandyan na po ba ang asawa ko?
Nurse: Wala pa po Atty. pero sabi po ng Nanay niyo pauwi na po si Dr. Fernan. Hinga lang po. Hindi pa po kayo fully dilated po. 4cm pa lang. Pero dumadalas na po ang contractions niyo.
Sarah: Ang sakit! (Tears on her eyes) Huwag niyo po akong pabayaan.
Nurse: Don't worry po Atty nandito po kami at si Dr. Chavez on call naman po.

Matt rushed to the hospital from the airport as soon as the plane landed. Halos 6 hours na rin ang lumipas and he really wanted to be present sa paglabas ng baby nila. He went straight into the labor room and was told that Sarah is already being mounted in the delivery room. He wore the gown, mask and cap given to him and rushed to Sarah's side and held her hand.
Matt: Hon, I'm here (kissed her forehead).
Sarah: Hon!!!(cries) Aaaahh!!!
Dr. Chavez: Good thing you're here Matt. 9cm na. Almost there....hang on Sarah. Medyo madalas na ang contractions. When I tell you to push...push! All your strength!
Matt: Don't worry Hon. I'm here right beside you. Kissed her hand and squeezed tight.
After almost an hour, Sarah gave her final push and their baby went out. The baby's cry is the best thing they ever heard. Dr. Santos, the pediatrician brought the baby near Sarah for her to look after cleaning her up.
Dr. Santos: Here is your beautiful baby girl! (Sarah look at her with tears in her eyes)
Matt (smiles and lovingly looked to his wife and their baby with also tears in his eyes): Our baby girl Hon.....our little princess.

...............................