The Mission

Hey readers! This is my first time writing a big story like this. Some things may not be fully put together or understandable. I also have never used Wattpad like this so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. This chapter is the longest one because it introduces all characters. Please comment and share! Happy reading!

Katyas POV:

I look around, scanning the crowd to find an easy target.

Alex points in the distance and says "there!" I strain my eyes trying to spot the person he's looking at.

"where?" I ask, annoyed.

"Over there next to the vending machine by the footwear outlet!"

Finally, I spot the woman he's talking about. I calculate she's about 5' 6 and weighs 138 lbs. her hair is a stunning auburn, and she is wearing a vibrant green blouse- very easy to spot in a crowd.

I raise my eyebrows at Alex as if to say, 'her? You sure?' he nods.

I shrug and say "okay, c'mon she's moving!"

Alex and I slowly tail the redhead as she walks throughout the mall. We easily fall back into our old routine, slipping behind people or stepping into stores. Always keeping an eye on the redheaded girl.

We both watch as she walks into Levi's. once she's inside Alex and I split up so as not to seem suspicious. Alex signals to me to move to the other side of the store, I give him a quick nod before pretending to browse through the shirts.

Suddenly my phone buzzes, I pull out my iPhone and glance at the screen. Huh no notifications. Then realization dawns on me as I pull out my burner cell. Alex gives me a knowing look. I stare down at the message I got. It was from Mike, but all he wrote was a single exclamation mark.

I quickly scan the store for Alex, we share a look and then we both race out the store, we immediately slow down as to not draw attention to ourselves. I can feel my gun bouncing slightly in my holster, so I discreetly reposition the holster in my jacket.

We race towards Alex's agency issued car and hop in. Alex stomps on the gas and we peel out of the parking lot, turning onto Memorial Highway to drive back to HQ.

Meis POV:

As soon as Katya and Alex left, I race down to the computer lab and opened my computer. I boot up the coding program for my virus and fiddle with the code, trying to find the patch of code that caused the glitch last time.

I read through the section of code around the spot the glitch was, and I find the mistake. I put the same coding sentence twice on repeat. That's why when I test ran it last week, the virus wouldn't freeze hackers' computers for as long as it should've.

Satisfied that I resolved the glitch, I opened a backdoor into the ISS mainframe and start to upload the virus. Suddenly my burner phone buzzes. I don't bother with my iPhone unless im out in public.

I look at the screen and see a text from Mike, I glance at my computer, but the virus has only downloaded 51%. I groan inwardly and shut down the program and turn off my computer. I step out into the hallway and see Luca coming out of the gymnasium.

Lucas POV:

when Alex and Katya left to go to the mall, Mei eagerly ran down to the 'lab, no doubt to work on her little coding project for Mike. I follow her down the hallway but instead of turning into the 'lab I kept going until I saw the doors of the gym.

I walk in and place my burner cell on the bench. I wrap my hands and start beating the crap out of the human shaped mannequins. I don't think I've ever felt this restless before, we're always on a mission or getting information from ISS contacts.

I hit the mannequin harder, pretending that its one of the guys from the drug cartel that we took down a couple months ago. Suddenly I hear something vibrating, I glance around in confusion and then realize its my burner cell. I jog over to the bench and pick it up, looking at the notification.

Its from Mike, I run the code through my head and recall that an exclamation point means urgent. I know Mikes in the building, so the exclamation point must mean we got a new mission or new information. I quickly jog out into the hallway, and see Mei stepping out of her "sanctuary".

Meis POV:

I see luca coming out of the gymnasium and give him a look.

"did you get the message too?"

He nods in response and we start briskly walking towards the briefing room. if Mike starts talking as soon as we enter, then we know it's a two-man job. But if he doesn't, then we know he's waiting for Alex and Katya to return from their mall trip.

We enter through the large glass double doors and sit in the plush office chairs. Mike stays silent but gives us each a nod of acknowledgement. I hear footsteps on the hallway and suddenly Katya and Alex burst into the room. I watch as they compose themselves and then sit in the remaining chairs.

Alex POV:

Katya and I burst through the door to the briefing room. We take a moment to compose ourselves, and then we both sit in the office chairs. As soon as our bottoms hit the seat, Mike, the head of ISS, starts talking.

"I've just received intel that the Russian Mafia has sent in a spy dealing in state secrets to Crescent Creek High school in Crescent City California."

I raise my hand, confused.

"Yes Alex?"

"Why would Russian mafia plant a spy in a highschool in Cali if they want state secrets?"

"I was getting to that. Cresent Cities mayor is friends with a government engineer, and it just so happens that one of the mayors kids goes to Crescent Creek High. The mayor and engineer have dinner together every Sunday. I am assuming that the Russian will try to get invited to one of these dinners, so that they can take the engineer hostage or steal nuclear missile or bomb plans."

He hands out the case files and proceeds to tell us the details of this mission. He quickly explains that we will be living together in one of the ISS houses, and that we are expected to attend school. He also told us that we will not have a parental figure agent. However there will be one a couple doors down across the street who will be posing as a family member, just in case anything goes wrong. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Katya raise her hand.

"is this a mission or security detail for the engineer?"

"this is a mission. Your job is to stop the Russian from taking the engineer hostage."

"So... that means we have to either get invited to his dinner as well, or find out who the Russian is before they get the chance to take hostages."

"correct. Now please open your files. The first paragraph is your target, the second and third paragraphs are your cover identities and your cover story. It is imperative that your cover identities and cover stories are memorized by tomorrow. As you will be going on this mission the day after. Tomorrow I suggest you go over your covers as a group so that they are in order if you are questioned. The jet will be set up for your mission. Dismissed."
————————————————————-
Who's your favorite character so far?
Please comment feedback I'm not a great writer and I'd like to get better