New Students

Alex POV:

We clamber into the back of my Agency issued black SUV. I glance into the rear-view mirror and remind the rest of my group that from now on, we are our covers.

Before I drive out onto Sandy Hill road, I ask the others to check if they forgot anything. A chorus of no answers. 10 minutes later I pull into Crescent Creeks parking lot, and we all get out of the car.

I quickly adjust my comms and, as covertly as I can, I speak into the mic. A series of checks filter into my earpiece, so I double check that we have effectively hidden our 'equipment' in our bags.

We each brought a small pistol, and a knife of choice. Ive got a Swiss Army knife, and I know Luca has a switchblade.

Im not sure what the girls have but I have a sneaking suspicion that Katya has her Butterfly knife.

We turn to walk towards the school and realize that just by standing next to a car, we've got lots of people staring.

I turn towards the others, trying to read their expressions but that's more Katyas department.

We enter the school and stop by the office, Mei knocks on the glass to get the secretary's attention.

"oh, well hello there. Who might you be?"

"im Mia Jones, this is my sister, Kate Miller and those two are Leo Wilson and Aidan Williams, my brothers."

Katya adds in, "we're the new transfers from Smith River"

"ohhh umm let me see here, ... ah yes you are all in class 203, Mr. Whites class."

"thank you!"

I glance at my watch, the bell rings in ten minutes, hopefully that's enough time to find our classroom.

We walk up the stairs to the second floor, and right off the landing we spot our class. Mr. White looks like he is talking to the class, and the door is closed.

I knock a couple of times until he notices and opens the door.

"welcome, welcome. Are you my new students? The office called me, told me you were arriving." He explains when he sees our faces.

We quickly school our expressions and step into the class.