The Exchange Student

Luca pov:

"Ugh. School literally sucks."I groan.

"What's the point of learning all this? So stupid. How am I supposed to know what the voltage across the resistor if the two cells are 1.5 V? When would I need to apply this to real life? Ugh."

Suddenly there is a knock on the classroom door, it shakes me out of my thoughts.

The secretary from the office walks in, a boy trailing behind her.

"Is this Oliver?" Mr. White asks.

"Yes, he's an exchange student from Australia."

I share a look with Alex, confused. He nods towards Oliver and taps his comms.

I take a second look at the guy who walked in, and my brain finally catches up to what the secretary said.

Oliver White, from AIS (Aussie Intelligence Service). Mike must have called to request him. He nods towards us, noticing that all four of us are here.

He sits at the one empty seat in the back of the class, beside some kind of goth girl wannabe.

My comms crackle, startling me, as Oliver patches through to our frequency.

"Hey yall. Mike called, said you may need some backup."

"You don't have a fake identity?" I ask.

"Nah, it was kinda last minute, just finished taking down some douchebags when I got the call." He explains.

"Can we talk at lunch? Meis voice chimes in. The teachers starting to notice somethings up."

The comms crackle again, signalling the fact they've turned off.

I turn my attention back to stupid science and it's voltages and math.

At lunch we all gather at our table in the back of the cafeteria, we sit and patiently wait for Olivers explanation.

"I was called in to assist yall, Mike thought you might need another set of hands, although im not quite sure what for," he trails off.
"He didnt have time to explain, just booked me the fastest flight out of Aussie. All I've done is read the files on Sophia and your covers, but thats it."