French Class

Alex pov

"What assignment were you called off of?" I ask, curious.

"I was part of infiltrating an illegal wildlife trade group, there were other more skilled operatives though, so its fine." He starts.
"They can handle the rest of the job, i wasnt really a key player." He explains.

We go over the plan we have, and give him the downlow of what we found in her diary and planner. Eventually the bell rings.

Before Katya and Mei walk out into the hallway I stop them.

"Hey you guys! Wait up." They turn around and wait for me to catch up to them.

"Kat, I need you to swipe Sophias phone, and give it to Mei." I say between breaths. "She'll know what to do."

They both nod and head off, I turn down the other hall and continue to French class.

I don't see how everyone else thinks it's so terrible but then again, I have been taking French since I was like, eight so.. my thoughts trail off as I enter the class.

After an hour of learning past participles and random French verbs, my brain feels like it's gonna explode.

I glance at my phone, cleverly hidden under my desk, and check the time. One more minute to go before class ends, finally.

Suddenly my phone vibrates with texts from the group chat. My real phone, not my burner cell. I open up the chat to see five new messages.

Hey guys I got the phone. -Katya

Great. Come find me on break.-Mei

Oh yeah btw we gonna need the computers from the office.-Mei

Hey shouldn't we add Oli?-Luca

I text them back agreeing to Meis point and telling Luca to add Oliver.

Are we going to break into the office then? Afterschool? I ask.

Immediately I get two replies.

Yes-Mei

Yeah i guess- Luca

Hey y'all.-Oliver

Suddenly someone taps me on the shoulder. Shit! I exclaim inwardly.

I managed to turn off my phone before anyone could read it. I look up from under my desk and find Ms. Pierre frowning at me.

She motions for me to get up and starts rambling in French. The sad thing is, I understand every word.

I struggle with the urge to roll my eyes as she goes on about how good I am with my work but how incompetent I am with everything else.

She hands me a slip, hall pass, and tells me to go to the office. I grab my things and walk out of the class. I sigh, I'm gonna miss my favorite class, drama.