The Delinquents of Dentention

Luca POV:

My favorite part of the day, lunch, is now over. I think sadly as we walk back towards the school.

As we walk the hallways I notice our target, Sophia, shoving something inside what I assume is her locker. I watch her a little more attentively, knowing that this is a key part in our mission overall.

Plus I wanna prove to the others I'm not as dumb as they think. Just because I've spent my life on the streets as part of a Spanish street gang doesn't mean I'm not smart.

I shake my head as if that will get the thoughts of my past out of mind.

After school lets out, Alex and I head  to detention together. (We got in trouble on purpose). A teacher we don't know walks in, writes her name on the board then sits on her desk and laughs at something on her phone.

I glance around at the other delinquents in here, who look like they don't care about anything anymore.

A quick glance out the window makes me notice Katya and Mei sitting on the grass, seemingly inconspicuous.

We finally get let out of detention and we meet Mei and Katya just inside the doors, we wait for a couple of teachers to walk by and then run towards the lockers.

I subtly point out Sophias and we get to work, Mei uses the stethoscope to listen for the clicks of the lock when we reach the right number, and Alex writes it down in code for further reference.

Okay... 9... 11.. 54.. 22.. she tries to open it and the door swings open. Katya quickly catches it before it bangs into locker 21 beside it.