The Boyfriend Dilemma

Mei POV:

Gym was naturally easy since we are quite flexible and ISS has a very vigorous gym schedule. Crescents Coach is quite lax in comparison.

We only had to run two laps and do some stretches. Katya, Alex, Luca and I finished all our laps first, so we waited for the rest of the class for a good 10minutes.

Coach Bryan was proud and even talked to us about trying out for track, but we politely told him no thanks.

Once the whole class was done, we moved into stretches. Katya showed off by doing the splits but that was all we did for gym.

We got dismissed from gym and walked back to class. Suddenly one of the girls pushed Katya.

"HOW DARE YOU!!! MATT IS MY BOYFRIEND!!!!"

"What?"

"I SAW THE WAY HE LOOKED AT YOU!! SHOWING OFF FOR HIM!!"

" you've got it all wrong, I-"

"DON'T PRETEND YOU DIDN'T NOTICE!"

The girl, Lexi I think her name was, slapped Katya. I glance at the boys, and they shrug.

I look over at Katya for reasssurance that she was okay or if she wanted us to step in. She shakes her head no, grabs Lexi's wrist, and flips Lexi onto her back.

She gestures to us, sassily flips her hair, and we all walk out of there. Once we are in a pretty empty hallway, we double back and go to class.

"Way to fly under the radar Kat." I whisper sarcastically.

"what? I wasn't gonna let her push me around like that." She states.

"Whatever.." I shake my head. "Next time, maybe don't," I suggest.

As soon as we enter the class, Lexi's friends glare at us. Katya turns and glares back, which causes them to sit completely still and just stare in shock.

I mean, Katya is scary, but I didn't think she was that scary. We sit down in our seats and the teacher gets on with the lesson.

I stare out the window, bored. Stupid maths class, I could do this in my sleep.

"Mia?"

I look around the class why is Mia not answering Mr.whites question

Then my comms crackle, "Mei. Answer the question. Your name is Mia!"

Oh crap. I look at the teacher who gives me a look.

"Glad you could rejoin the class." He states, looking amused.

"Did you hear what I asked you?"

"No sorry" I reply.

"If you think you can stare out the window instead of learning like the rest of us, why don't you answer the question on the board"

I look at Katya beside me, she smirks.

"The answer is 225.10% of 451.34" I smirk and raise a brow at the teachers expression.

Then Katya and Alex burst out laughing. Mr.White sharply asks them what was so funny.

"Haha— sorry Mr.White, we were laughing because we knew Mia knew the answer. She was in a higher grade math class back in Smith River." We explain.

He stares at us. Then the bell rings, we move to leave class but Mr.white asks all of us to stay in.

I glance at Katya, she shrugs, I guess she doesn't know why either. Out of the corner of my eye, I see movement out the window. I turn towards the window and see our target, Sophia Belkin.

I whisper into my comms because im not sure what Mr.white can hear. Luckily the others hear me. Katyas voice filters through my mic,

" I'll go after her, you guys talk to Mr.white. Make up an excuse!" She whisper shouts as she runs out the door.