The Past

Luca POV:

Katya runs out the door, the teacher tries to stop her but we quickly step in, saying that she has 'practice'. Which isn't a complete lie I guess. She's just practicing how to lie... so it's believable.

" what do you want with us Mr.White?"

" I was just wondering if you guys were settling in okay." He asks.

"Yup" Alex responds.

"You wouldn't happen to know who hit Lexi do you?" He questions, looking at us strangely.

"Nope" Mei steps in.

Are you sure? Because these kinds of things never happened before you guys came along" he commented

"Maybe they did" I pipe up. "Maybe you just didn't notice".

He opens his mouth but nothing comes out. We walk out into the hallway, on our way to find Sophia's locker.

Alex stares at me,

"why'd you say that?!"

"Sorryyyy... I didn't like the way he was watching us, like we were criminals." I explain. "He looked like Marco..." I trail off, stuck in my memories.

Marco was a bum cop back in Mexico, hated my guts, and the gang I was part of.

Alex and Mei shake me out of my stupor. He rolls his eyes, but Mei looks at me kindly. She gets where I'm coming from.

When she came to America from China, customs gave the ISS hell. She'd been in so many interrogation rooms, stuck with racist dipshits. I think to myself

Mei snaps her fingers, bringing me back to the present. We walk out if the school yard and into our car.

"Wait. Aren't we gonna wait for Katya" Mei calls out.

"Nah, she'll be fine. She has her gun and her knife. All she is doing is trying to make friends with a fellow Russian."

Meis expression deepens, I understand her worry though. Ever since they met, they've been basically attached at the hip. Mei showed Katya around the first day because she had been living in ISS headquarters a while, and in turn Katya taught her how to shoot. They've been best friends ever since. I snap back to the present and realize that we are at home already.