The Diversion

Hey readers! This is the last chapter I've written. I'm in the process of writing more but I've seemingly hit a wall. So sorry for the inconvenience and suspense this has caused. I promise to update as soon as my writers block disappears. Happy reading and remember to vote and comment! I'm not quite sure what the voting does but I love feedback!

Katya POV:

Great job guys! I whisper shout. I glance around just to make sure no one has noticed us, not that there are people around, nervous habit I guess. Growing up in Russia with paranoid grandparents will do that to you. I laugh to myself.

Suddenly voices travel through the hallway, I recognize Sophias voice immediately and ditch my gloves. I race down the hallway to meet them before they round the corner and we get exposed.

"Hey! Sophia! I thought I heard you."I shout. Hopefully loud enough for the others to realize what's happening.

"So... where we walking?" I ask, immediately including myself.

"We're going to my locker, I just remembered I left something important in there." She responds.

Trying to keep the conversation going, I ask her if she could take a few minutes to show me where room 203 is.

"Why?-"

I butt in. "I was gonna meet my friends there, we're carpooling and I was supposed to meet them 6 minutes ago." I plead, hoping she'll help me and turn away from the corner.

"Ugh fine." She says rolling her eyes. "Come on."

She pivots and starts walking in the other direction.

"So where are you meeting your friends exactly?" She asks, curiosity clear in her tone.

"Outside in the parking lot, close to class 203." I respond, a bit puzzled.

She looks at me quizzically but leads me to the outside door. "The parking lot is that way." She points.

"Thanks for the help!" I shout as I run towards Alex's suv.

"That was close." I mutter. "Too close."

A couple minutes later, Alex Mei and Luca walk out the front doors. As soon as they see me waiting, they let out a collective sigh of relief and speed up.

"That was close." Mei exclaims.

"Yeah, thanks for the tip Katya, you may have saved the whole mission." Alex complements.

"Did you get what we needed?" I question, my adrenaline still on high.

"Not quite.." Luca says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I look at them confused and Mei steps in. "We didn't find the launch codes, but we found a little diary and her personal planner."

"We're gonna end up going to that dinner aren't we.." I sigh, annoyed.

"Yep."

Don't worry! There are more parts to come. I'm working on it! Please vote and comment I'd love your opinions on the characters. Or even criticism..