Chapter 15

------
Tobias
------

The more Tris' pregnancy progressed, the more nervous I became. To be honest, I'm not sure that I'm cut out to be a father. I can't be affectionate.

Or control my temper.

What if I become Marcus?

"Tobias?" Tris asked, her small arms wrapping around my waist from behind, her bump pressed into my back. "Are you okay? You've been acting weird lately. Is it because you didn't get to help pick the paint for the nursery? I'm sorry, but that shade of green was perfect."

"No Tris." I chuckled. "I'm fine, I promise."

"Tobias, I've been with you for over 2 years. I know when you're lying. If you don't tell me, I'll find out myself. And believe me, it won't be pretty."

"I can't be a dad." I blurted. Tris let out a sound like an injured puppy and tested her chin on my shoulder.

"Yes, you can." She whispered.

"I might lose my temper. I might not realize what I'm doing until I'm doing it."

"Tobias. You are not your father. Don't you dare for one more second, think that, or let people tell you that. You're going to be a perfect father. We're going to be an amazing family. And do you know why? Because we love each other. And we'll love our baby just as much."

"I love you too Tris. I love you both." I turned around and rested one of my hands on her stomach and the other on her shoulder. "I can't wait until you're born. Mommy and I want to meet you." I said.

"Speaking of meeting the baby, it's time for her first picture."

"Her?" I asked.

"It's a girl. I can feel it." She said.

"Oh, so we're using out parent powers now. My turn. 20 dollars it's a boy."

"You're on. Now come on we need to get going."

---

"Congratulations, Ms. Prior and Mr. Eaton! You're having a girl."

"I knew it!" Tris cheered.

"That's not fair!" I protested.

"It's natural for a father to want a son first Mr. Eaton, better luck next time." The nurse responded with a slight laugh. "Let me just print out the pictures of her and then you're free to go."

"Baby's first picture." Tris said when the nurse handed the pictures to her. "I think we should start calling her by her name now. Hello baby Aris." Tris said as she stood up.

---

"I still think the room would look better if it was all shades of green." Tris said.

"I think it would look nice if there was some pink or black in here." I responded.

"But the walls and crib are green and some of the decorations I have are green. And none of its the same shade."

"Fine. But I get to pick out a few decorations in black."

"Whatever. Come, on help me put this changing table together.

---

INCREDIBLY SHORT BUT IN MY DEFENSE, I UPDATED A FEW NIGHTS AGO! ALRIGHT UPDATES ARE EVERY WEDNESDAY NIGHT FROM NOW ON UNTIL THIS BOOK IS FINISHED AND I'M PLANNING ON ABOUT 25-30 CHAPTERS SO BE READY!!