Chapter 18

YEAH I'M OUT FOR THE SUMMER WOOO
------

Tobias

------

Aris was so small. And warm. And she had a cute little nose. Tris' nose. And she had my eyes. My bright blue eyes. She was barely four days old and Tris and I finally got to take her home.

When we arrived home with Aris, Isabel started jumping up on Tris while I held Aris. Tris and I walked to the nursery and I very carefully set Aris down in her crib and put a stuffed lion in the crib next to her. Tris stood by me and started humming a lullaby.

Not too much later, when Tris and I were eating dinner, some leftover casserole that one of our older neighbors gave to us, a cry came from the nursery. Before I had the chance to stand, Tris was already walking towards the room. "She probably needs a change." Tris said before she walked through he doorway. Tris definitely had a motherly sense.

While Tris was busy, I started feeding Isabel some of the ground meat in the casserole. Tris didn't let me feed Isabel table food. "Are you feeding her casserole?" Tris whisper shouted. I dropped the small chunk in my hand and my head snapped up. Caught in the act.

"No."

"Very funny, I saw you."

"Well in my defense, you weren't supposed to see me."

She playfully rolled her eyes and sat down.

"I-uh...I've been thinking about us. And...the wedding." Tris said.

"Oh." I said.

"I was hoping the wedding could be before Aris turned one. It shouldn't be that hard to plan, especially if you don't want a big wedding."

"No, I've always wanted a small wedding. With just some friends and I had always wanted to have my mom there, but that's obviously not happening. I'm sure you'll want to invite Caleb as well." I said.

"Yes, that's what I wanted to. So we'll invite the gang, Caleb, and then maybe Lauren and some of our neighbors."

I nodded and we had agreed on a small wedding. We'd go look at cakes tomorrow and Tris would get her dress, and I would get my tux. We'd have to start invitations tonight, seeing as our work leaves were only a week each.

After we cleaned the kitchen, Tris got a pad of paper and we sat down on the floor in Aris' room. We whispered to each other everything we would need, even though Aris was awake.

----

Tris

----

"Do you think I'll lose this weight before the wedding?" I asked Christina the next day as I stood in front of the mirror in the small dress shop, looking at my extra baby weight.

"Is it a big deal if you have a little extra weight then you did when you met Four?" She asked, looking up from the wedding dress catalogue.

"Yes. It's a very big deal." I said, unable to zip up a dress that would fit me loosely before I had Aris.

"Tris, you just had a kid. I really doubt that Four will be upset. If he does, he can take your love and shove it up his a-"

"Christina!" I scolded. "This isn't good, I need to lose weight before the wedding so I can get this dress." It was simple and went down past my ankles. It was an off white and strapless, with a wrapping design at the top.

"Just get it in a bigger size." Christina said, pulling the same dress in a bigger size off the rack.

"That's not the point. I've been this size since I was 15, and I don't want to go to a bigger size."

"Tris, you do know that even if you lose the weight on your stomach, the dress still won't fit. You'll still be breastfeeding by the time the wedding comes around, it won't be big enough for your chest."

"Yes. Yes it will."

---

Thoughts on baby Aris?

Fourtris' wedding!?

Tris being self conscious and wanting a dress in that specific size?