Chapter 5

I put Tris's P.O.V in basically every chapter because the story is mainly about her.

------

Tobias

------

I still wasn't sure how I felt about Tris' pregnancy.

I mean, I wanted to at least be married before we had children. I sent her back to the apartment because I was planning on proposing to her tonight. I was going to the night we found out she was pregnant. I just didn't want her to think I only want to marry her because of our child.

I had been planning this for months. I already had the ring. It was a gray band with a black stone in the middle. I wanted to get one with all of her faction aptitudes, but she hated Erudite.

I made spaghetti, her favorite food, and I put candles on the table. I had Christina lay out some clothes for Tris. (I obviously have no fashion sense.)

I walked back to the apartment and opened the door. I saw Tris standing in front of the table. "Hey." I said.

She turned around. "Wow." Was all she said.

I decided it was now or never. I got down on one knee. I pulled the box out of my pocket and opened it. "Tris Prior, I love you with all my heart. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" I asked.

Tris stood there. She didn't say anything. She just stood and stared. "No." She whispered. She shook her head. Not a minute later she ran out of the apartment with tears streaming down her face.

Tris doesn't love me. I closed the box and stood up. I pulled out a chair and sat. I lasted for a few minutes before I broke. I began smashing everything. The table was flipped over. Shattered glass was everywhere. But most importantly, I threw the ring outside. I never wanted to see it again. I loved her more than she loved me.

----

Tris

----

He is only proposing because I'm carrying out child. If it was out of love it would've happened earlier.

I kept running. I ran out of Dauntless Headquarters. I ran to the Town Square. I ran to Erudite Headquarters. I ran inside and asked the receptionist where I could find Caleb Prior.

"He's on floor seven, miss. Room 213." I went to the elevator. I was all alone. I broke into tears. The door dinged and opened. I tried to wipe tears before the Erudite saw me. Dauntless weren't supposed to show emotion.

I looked at the numbers on the "living quarters" doors. (That's what the Erudite call them.) 210, 211, 212, 213.

I knocked on the door with 213 in brass letters. Caleb answered a few moments later. "Hello Tris." He said. Then he noticed my blotchy face. "What's wrong? Come in." I walked in and shut the door behind me.

His living room was basically a library. The walls were lined with bookshelves and he had a deep blue sofa in the midst of it. His kitchen consisted of a small stove, little counter space, and a refrigerator. The walls were navy blue. The kitchen tiles were pure white and the living room had indigo carpet.

"Sit down." He said, walking over to his sofa. I sat down on the opposite edge of Caleb. "Now, why were you crying?"

"It's a stupid reason to be upset." I said.

"Do I need to beat someone up?" He joked. I gave him a small smile, even though I knew Tobias would knock Caleb unconscious in less than a minute. I've seen it happen.

"Four proposed to me." I said. Caleb looked confused.

"And that's bad because...?" Caleb asked.

"I don't think he really loves me. I think he just wants to get married because of our child." I said, sadly.

Caleb still obviously didn't understand. I was about to stand, but Caleb stopped me. "Would you ask someone you didn't love to marry you? Even if you had a child with them? Think about it." He said.

Caleb and I stood up. "Thanks for the advice, Caleb." I said. I left Erudite Headquarters and decided to walk back. I needed time to think.

I still wasn't sure whether Tobias wanted to get married out of love, or out of the consequences of sex.

---

I'm having trouble deciding the gender and name. Comment the gender and name of your choice like this, gender:name.