Chapter 17

OMG GUYS PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD ARE READING THIS, THAT'S HONESTLY BEEN MY DREAM SINCE I WAS FIVE!! I THOUGHT THAT YOU GUYS DESERVED AN UPDATE! AND TOBIAS ALREADY HAD THE TRIP HE GOT BACK A FEW NIGHTS BEFORE TRIS HAS THE BABY.

----

Tris

----

I woke from a hard kick in my stomach. Not soon after, I felt something trickle down my legs and drop onto the bed sheets.

"Tobias!" I yelled.

"Yeah?" He yelled back, from the living room.

"I-I think the baby's coming!"

"We had another week!" He ran into the room, helped me slip on a pair of sneakers, and helped me stand up. I made a hurtful start to the front door, when Tobias had quickly wheeled the wheelchair from the front door. He looped an arm under my armpits and tried to lead me to the wheelchair.

"I can walk." I pushed his arm away and took another painful step.

Ha, at least that's what I thought.

"Nevermind, no I can't." I tried to hold back a tear so I could remain collected for Tobias, but the truth is, I was scared. I was scared and in pain and I was about to have a baby. A single year slid down my cheek as I sat down in the wheelchair. I tried to wipe it away before Tobias saw it but I wasn't fast enough.

"Hey. It's gonna be okay." He whispered to me before wiping it away with his thumb and wheeling me out the apartment door.

---

"Come on Ms. Prior, one last push." The nurse yelled in encouragement. I plopped my head back on the pillow. I couldn't do it. I didn't have enough energy and I just wanted to give up. I couldn't push anymore. My entire body was throbbing in pain and I felt like I was dying.

Tobias gripped my hand tighter than I was gripping his, shook it and whispered to me, "Come on, Tris, you can do it, you've made it this far, come on, I believe in you." That was all the energy I needed. I pushed one last time and soon high pitched sounds of crying and screams filled the room. "Mr. Eaton, would you like to cut the umbilical cord?" A doctor asked, holding up a pair of scissors.

"Um, no, thank you." Tobias responded. "I think I ought to leave that to professionals." The doctor clipped the umbilical cord and I reached for my baby, but I noticed the doctors carrying her over to their counter with all their tools and instruments.

"We have a few routine tests." The nurse reassured me while a doctor cleaned off my baby. After a few minutes, the nurse carried over my baby wrapped in a bundle of pink blankets. "A girl." She said as she handed my baby to me. My Aris Natalie Eaton.

"Hello baby Aris." I whispered to her, holding out my finger for her to grip. Her tiny fingers wrapped around my index finger and small whimpers escaped her. "Hi Aris, I'm your mama and this is your dada." I said, reluctantly handing Aris to Tobias's outstretched arms.

"Hi baby." He murmered slightly rocking Aris.

"I'm sorry, but we need to take her now." The nurse said, plucking Aris from Tobias's arms.

"Where?" I asked.

"The room she needs to stay in for a day before you can take her home." The nurse answered. But she was my baby, why did they need to take her away? "There's too many germs around for her to stay with you." She added, almost like she could sense my worry.

"Now you know that it's real. When you hold her." Tobias said a thought of mine. "She's so small. I didn't know a person could be that small." He muttered the last part to himself.

---

YAYAY BABY WOOO