Chapter 12

----

Lynn

----

"Can you please tell me what happened when Gabriel Santos would come home intoxicated, Miss Harper?" One of the Dauntless police officers asked.

"I can't say."

The officer sighed.

"But I can write it down."

He handed me his pad of paper and pen.

I finished writing and handed back the pad.

"You may go Miss Harper, but we may call you back in for questioning."

"Yes, sir." I said, as I got up.

----

Tris

----

I was so excited! I finally got to leave the hospital. Caleb was going to walk me back to Dauntless because Tobias had already left to train the initiates.

After Caleb walked me to pit, he said good bye and went back to Erudite. I wanted to get straight back to work at the tattoo shop, but Tori insisted that I wait until tomorrow. I went to my apartment and played with Isabel for the few hours I until Tobias got home.

---

This morning while I was getting dressed to go to work, I couldn't button my black skinny jeans. I also noticed that my shirt was too tight. I pulled up my shirt and turned to the side in front of my mirror. "Tobias?" I called.

"Yeah?"

"Come here."

He was by my side within seconds.

"Look." I turned to him, placing a hand underneath my slightly jutted out stomach. "It's a baby bump."

"Wow." He breathed. "It's really happening."

"I'm so excited for him or her to be born. But in the meantime, none of my clothes fit, Tobias." He pulled out one of his shirts out from the closet and handed it to me.

"You could wear leggings." He offered.

"You're right." After I got dressed, I went on my way to work. I stopped at the cafeteria for breakfast first, though.

---

I'M SORRY IT'S SO SHORT I KNOW I'M A BAD PERSON! MERRY HANAKWANZA!!! AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!