Chapter 13

Guys. I keep getting less and less reads every chapter. :( Probably because I suck at remembering to update, I'm sorry. I just don't pay attention. And I was rereading my chapters and I kind of suck at writing and my writing style is really bland. I'm trying to make it better though, I promise.

------

Tobias

------

"Tris, I have bad news." I said, solemnly.

"What?" Her head snapped up from the opposite side of the crib we were trying to assemble.

"They're shipping me out." I blurted. Great job, Tobias. I wanted to ease into it. "After initiation."

"Where to?" She says, angrily tearing open the directions.

"To Amity, one of the guards was attacked by someone trying to get over the fence. He's going to be in the hospital for a while and they needed someone to take his place." I fumbled with the two boards I was trying to attach.

"How long?"

"At least three months. I won't be gone all day, but it would be useless to come back here and sleep for a few hours before heading back out."

"Is there anyone else that doesn't have a pregnant girlfriend?" Financee, I silently corrected her.

"Believe me, I would much rather have them send someone else, but because they have to send me out of the city, they're paying me a lot of overtime. We need the money, I don't think we can support a child off of our salaries. I mean it's fine for two people, but a kid? And who's going to take care of them if we're at work? Daycare is ridiculously expensive."

"I hate arguing with you." Tris shoved away the screws she was trying to organize. She stood up and tried to storm out of the room. I followed her and pulled her back by her arm.

"Tobias. Let go."

"Not until you listen." She rolled her eyes, but looked at me expectantly. "We need the money and you know it. It's only a few months and I'll be back before the baby is born. I'm not trying to fight with you." I let go of her wrist.

"I know we need the money, I'm annoyed that you have to be the one they send out. They're are a hundred other Dauntless members willing to do it. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault. Come on let's go finish the baby's crib before you have trouble moving." She laughed and followed me to our room where we were assembling the crib.

---

3 hours later the crib still wasn't assembled. "I don't even know what we did wrong. It doesn't look like the one on the box." Tris said. The crib was slightly leaning to the left and didn't look like it could support itself, much less a child. I'm kind of ticked, to be honest. We followed all the directions and took half of our day just to have to rebuild it.

I groaned, "Should we call the assembly number on the box?"

"I guess, it's not worth it to rebuild it again and it still not have it properly assembled."

I called the number and Tris and I decided to sit on the couch talking about the baby until he arrived to assemble the crib.

"I mean we've never discussed what we would do whether it was a boy or girl. I think we should talk about names now."

"Yeah okay, I'll get a pad of paper and a pen." I said, standing up. When came back and I had already scribbled a few names down. "Skylar, Jordan, or Hazel is what I have for a girl and then for a boy I put down Kyle or Dawson."

"Kyle is cute, and I like Jace too. I don't really like those for a girl though. I like Aris and Piper." Tris said.

"Aris is a good one, it's really creative. And I like Jace." I agreed.

"Are those the one's we agree on? Jace and Aris? Now for a middle name. Ian?"

"Jace Ian Eaton? It has a nice ring to it."

Tris then said, "And for Aris, we could do Hazel. Aris Hazel?"

"Yes. Those are going to be beautiful names. Just like our children." I said.

She laughed. "You're such a charmer."

"Except, I think Natalie would be better as a middle name. What do you think?"

Tris smiled so wide, but tears still pooled in the corners of her eyes. "Do you really mean that? You would be happy to have her middle name be Natalie?"

I nodded, and Tris leaned forward to wrap her arms around my neck. "I love you!" She said, burying her face into my neck.

I wrapped my arms around her body, and said "I love you, too."

---

I know! I actually feel really bad. I hadn't realized I didn't update for such a long time. If I don't update within the next two weeks, I need a few volunteers to message me saying "Yo, where's our update?" Tbh, that's the only way I'm going to remember.