Chapter 20

Tris

----

My hands were shaking, as I looped my arm through Caleb's at the church entrance. Christina was the Maid of Honor, Zeke was the Best Man, Shauna, Will, Uriah, Marlene, and Lynn walked down the aisle before Caleb and me.

"Calm down, Tris. This is supposed to be the happiest day of your life." Caleb said, just before the doors were opened again for us to walk through.

"My happiest day was when Aris was born, kinda hard to top that." I whispered, as the doors swung open. I heard a few silent gasps as Caleb and I began walking towards Tobias. He had a smile on his face and I saw his hand move towards the vows in his jacket pocket.

"Here Comes the Bride" started playing and I was taking full advantage of being able to lean on Caleb for support. The arch seemed to get farther away with each step we took, but eventually Caleb unlooped our arms and I stepped up the stair under the archway. I took Tobias' hands and the priest read the scripture. "We are gathered here today..." I hadn't tuned out the priest intentionally, but Tobias and I got caught staring into each other's eyes.

"Would you like to read the vows?"

"I, Tris Prior, promise to love and to hold you, through sickness and health, and I promise to make you soup when you're sick, and to not yell at you if you forget our anniversary, and I promise to stick with you through everything, and I promise especially to help you raise Aris, Isabel, and any future children we may have. I love you."

"I," Tobias hesitated. We had discussed if he would say his real name at the wedding, and I think might be reevaluating our decision. "Tobias Eaton," I silently sighed, just as planned. "Promise to love and to hold you, through sickness and in health, and I promise to protect you and Aris from all harm, and I promise to take care of you, and always take your side, even if you're wrong. I love you and I won't let anything happen to you."

"Tris Prior, do you take Tobias Eaton to be your lawfully wedded husband?" I had expected more people to be surprised that Tobias had used his real name.

"I do." Don't cry, don't cry, don't be weak.

"Tobias Eaton, do you take Tris Prior as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Exchange the rings, please." Tobias and I both leaned down to take a ring from the box attached to Isabel's collar. Tobias took my hand in his and slid on the golden ring with a black gemstone on my finger right above my engagement ring. I took Tobias' hand and slid on the golden wedding band.

"You may now kiss the bride." Tobias and I both leaned in and shared a soft, short kiss. "I now pronounce you husband and wife!"

------

Tobias

------

The reception was directly after the wedding, and Tris and I were seated at the main table with Christina and Zeke joining us for their speeches. Zeke had stood up in the middle of lunch and tapped a spoon against his wine glass. The 20-something guests all looked up towards the main table.

"Um, hi, so I'm Zeke, but you guys already knew that, so um, I was told to prepare a speech, but I forgot, so I'm just going to tell you a few stories about my dear friend, Tobias. Obviously, we met at initiation, and we've been through a lot since then, I even convinced him to go zip lining off the John Hancock building. Um, I remember when I found out Tris was pregnant, to be honest I was surprised that Shauna and I weren't the ones having a kid, bit I was so proud of my best friend for finding the love of his life and for having a beautiful daughter, Aris, even if she is only 4 months old. But ladies and gentlemen, this is just a little insight to the man formerly known as Four." I stood up and gave Zeke a bear hug. "I love you man, you're my best friend." Zeke said, sitting down, giving Christina a slight nudge.

"There are two kinds of people in this world, those who prepare and those who wing it. As you can see, I like to be prepared." She said, slightly waving a small stack of note cards.

"We have 7 bottles of the same shampoo!" Will called from the audience. Everyone let out a small chuckle.

"Anywaaaay, I'm Christina. I am so glad that I got to be Tris' maid of honor, but our story is pretty similar to Zeke and Tobias'. Tris and I met in the train car, on our way to Dauntless. As soon as Tris jumped into the pit first, I realized that Tris was freaking awesome and I needed to be her friend. When she had been taken by Al and Peter, I was so worried once I found out, and it scares me to think of what would happen if Tobias hadn't gotten to her. So Tobias you better keep your promise of protecting my best friend, or I'll use everything you taught me, against you." Once again everyone let out a small chuckle, although I knew Christina was serious. "Now, I was the first one to find out Tris was pregnant, and I'm so proud that Tris and Tobias have adapted to be amazing parents even though Aris came at an unexpected time. So proud. I love you Tris. And I wish you and Tobias the best life."

"I love you, too." Tris said, squinting her eyes, so her tears didn't run. "Now let's cut that cake!" Tris announced, heading to it.

---

MY COUSIN MIGHT FINALLY GET A KIDNEY I'M SO EXCITED OMG 1K WORDS WHAAAAT