Chapter 22

HEY GUYS SO THIS IS THE LAST OFFICIAL CHAPTER AND THEN THERE WILL BE AN EPILOGUE YEET.

ALSO, I DON'T THINK WILL AND CHRISTINA WERE GIVEN LAST NAMES SO I'M GOING TO BE CREATIVE! IF THEY DO HAVE LAST NAMES TELL ME AND I'LL CHANGE IT RIGHT AWAY.

---------

Christina

---------

"Are you ready?" Tris asked from the doorway. I was in front of the mirror wearing my wedding dress. My hair was in a bun and I had a light amount of makeup. "Christina, it's time. Come on."

"Can I just have a few seconds?" I asked. "Please. I'm really nervous." Tris nodded, and left the room. It was finally the day. The day I would get married to Will. There were barely any guests, but I really just wanted to get married as soon as possible and the least amount of guests the better. I took a deep breath and began to walk to the church entrance. My mom was standing at the doors. She looped her arm through my shaking one. The doors where pulled open, and my mom and I walked towards the altar.

"I didn't tell you this earlier, but you look beautiful Christina. I'm so happy for you, and soon you'll be having babies and I'm really looking forward to grandkids."

I let out a small laugh. "Thank you, Mom." The altar was now a few steps away. Will held out his hand and helped keep me steady as I walked up the steps. I took his other hand as the priest started the ceremony.

I meant to pay attention, but I was too excited. This was the day I had been looking forward to my whole life.

"Christina Henning to you take Will Sheppard to be your lawfully wedded husband, through sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, until death do you part?"

The words came so easy from my mouth. "I do."

"Will Sheppard to you take Christina Henning to be your lawfully wedded wife, through sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, until death do you part."

"I do."

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." Will and I had a long, sweet kiss.

It was interrupted when Uriah wolf-whistled. "Save it for tonight." Uriah said.

"Children ears, children ears." Tris said.

Uriah waved Tris off. "She's not even one yet, she's fine. She doesn't even understand what we're saying."

Will and I stepped off the altar. "Com on, it's time for the reception." I said. There were only a few more guests at the reception that weren't at the wedding. Max, Caleb, and some other people Will and I worked with. The cake was two tiers, and it was pretty simple. It was plain chocolate with a white fondant and some edible flowers. "Should we cut the cake first, or do toasts and stuff?" I asked Will.

"I say we do toasts first." He responded.

I nudged Tris and she stood up. "Could I have everyone's attention please?" The guests stopped talking and looked towards her. "Um hi." She picked up a small piece of paper next to her glass. "I remember the day I found out Christina and Will were dating. I was so happy for them, because they really are meant to be together. I remember the day I went to Christina for advice on boys. Tobias in particular." There was a small chuckle from the audience. Tris' speech wasn't even getting cute yet and I might cry. "Our friendship has never been rocky or complicated, but it's certainly interesting. I love you will all my heart Christina. To the bride and groom." She raised her glass and that's when my tears threatened to fall. My eyes were watering and I stood up to hug Tris. "I love you too." I said. Tris and I both sat down and it was time for Uriah's speech.

"I was honestly really surprised when Will asked me to be his best man. I worked really hard on this Will, so you better like it. I hope you shed some bro tears too." Will snorted. "So um." Uriah patted his pockets. "I have it in here somewhere I promise." He said. Uriah took of his jacket and started to look through all the coat pockets. "Uh-oh." He said. Uriah dug through his pants pockets and finally found a folded piece of paper. "What did I tell you?" The guests were in fits of laughter by now."I didn't think Will and I would ever become great friends, considering we were from different factions, and we didn't have the chance to meet through the first stage of initiation, and I must've been pretty intimidating. With my muscles and all. But anyway, I have a lot of great memories with Will and Christina and I wish the both a happy marriage. A geeky and honest marriage." He raised his glass like Tris did and said, "To the bride and groom."

Will stood up and hugged Uriah. "Thanks man. It means a lot to me. Even when you made fun of our old factions. Now let's have some cake!"

Will and I cut the cake and I mashed a plate into his face. I slipped off my shoes and started running. He grabbed another plate and chased me around the hall. He finally caught up to me and wrapped an arm around my waist. I squirmed and laughed as I tried to pull away. He took the plate and smashed the cake in my face. This was definitely the happiest day of my life.

---

YAY WILLSTINA WEDDING!!

Happy 4th of July to all of my American readers!! 🇺🇸🎉 If you're not American, Happy Saturday!!