Chapter 10

----

Tris

----

I woke up the next morning, very unpleasantly might I add, because Isabel jumped on my legs.

"Isabel." I groaned. I grabbed her leash and took her outside, which wasn't much of a problem because Dauntless wasn't completely underground. After taking Isabel on her walk, we went back to the apartment. I went to the bathroom and was very confused. I was almost positive that you weren't supposed to have your period when you were pregnant. "Umm, Tobias!" I yelled.

"What? What's wrong?"

"I think I need to go see a doctor."

---

"I'm very sorry, Beatrice Prior, but I'm not certified to treat you. You'll need see an Erudite doctor." The doctor, Dr. Cranny, said.

"What's wrong?"

"Your having complications with your pregnancy." Dr. Cranny said, sadly. "You're overexerting yourself. I'll give you some vitamins that you need to take, but you'll need to spend a few nights in an Erudite hospital. I'm sorry, but there isn't much I can do."

---

At Erudite Hospital

---

"Beatrice Prior, Dauntless." The receptionist called out into the waiting room of Erudite's public hospital.

We followed a nurse back into a small examination room. It reminded me of when I turned myself into the Erudite. With Jeanine dead, it's really helped. They aren't as stuck up and snobby. I made Tobias sit directly by me in case something happens. The nurse told me to sit on the examination chair and that the doctor would be right there.

After a few minutes, a tall, old man in a white lab coat. "Hello, I'm Doctor McAfee. Your file says that you are a Dauntless Trainer and that probably means you exercise frequently to stay fit. That's not healthy for the fetus. You need to watch how much you exercise and diet. It's very unhealthy for your fetus to increase your heart rate by twice the average beats per minute. You'll need to stop training the initiates and we'll need to keep to here for few nights to monitor you."

"I can't just stop training this initiates." I retorted. "There is no one else to do it."

"I'm sure Max will find a sub for the rest of the training." The doctor said. "Now, try to get some rest." I wanted to argue, but I knew I shouldn't. He left the room.

Tobias went home to take care of Isabel and would be back tomorrow after training the initiates. I didn't want to be left here until tomorrow. I hated it here. I could call Caleb. Caleb agreed to stay the night in the hospital with me, so I wouldn't have nightmares.

------

Tobias

------

I felt bad about leaving Tris in Erudite, but I needed to care for Isabel. We had been gone almost all day, and I didn't want Isabel to think we were abandoning her during he day.

When I got back to the hospital the next day, Tris was laying in bed, fumbling with the stray threads on the blanket.

"Who's my replacement?" Tris asked, sadly.

"Guess." I said, in a frustrated tone.

"I'm not in the mood. Just tell me." She snapped.

"Peter." I said through gritted teeth.