Chapter 3

Caleb

-----

I was up making myself some breakfast when my telephone rang. That's odd. I normally don't receive phone calls before 9.

I answered and was surprised by the caller.

"Is this Caleb Prior?" A small voice asked.

"Beatrice?"

"I've already told you before. I go by Tris." She said, annoyed

"My apologies."

"Stop talking like an Erudite. It's getting on my nerves."

"Technically, nerves-"

"I said stop! I want to talk to Caleb!" Tris shouted. "The boy who yelled at me for not giving my jump rope to that little girl on the playground. Not the man who sold me to the Erudite."

"I-I-I'm sorry." I said.

"Can you meet me at the town square? 1 'o clock?"

"I'm sorry, but I have to go to work."

"Please. It's really important. I need your help. Please."

"If you want help hiding a body, I'm not the one to talk to."

She laughed. "No, I just have some news."

"Good or bad?" I asked.

She hesitated. "I...um...I guess you have to find out." She said.

"Bye. See you, soon." I told her.

"You too." She said, then hung up.

I soon smelled something burning. "Oh, great." I grumbled.

----
Tris
----

The phone call with Caleb went surprisingly well.

I sat down on the sofa in my apartment and waited for Tobias to wake up.

I put my head on the armrest and fell asleep.

A little later a felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I looked up and kissed Tobias. He pulled me on to his lap and kissed me.

Just then the door opened and Christina walked in.

"Wow, she's already pregnant, Four."

"Hormones." I announced.

"I did not want to know that." She said.

"You're very welcome." I said.

"I'm here to take you shopping."

"No." I complained. "Anything but that."

"Well, you need to get paint, a crib-"

"That's why pregnancies are 9 months. I'm not letting anyone else know unless I have to."

"Ugh. Fine." Christina said.

I looked at the clock and it was 12:30. "I need to go get ready." I said.

"For what?" Christina asked.

"I'm meeting Caleb in 30 minutes." I said. I walked to the bedroom and grabbed my clothes. I went to the bathroom to change and do my hair.

I put on a pair of black jeans and a tank top. I wear a cotton jacket over it. I decide to leave my hair down today and don't wear any make-up.

I ate a bagel and then brushed my teeth before I hugged and kissed Tobias goodbye. I caught a train to the town square and sat on a bench, waiting until I saw Caleb walking over to me.

I stood up to hug him.

"Hi, Tris." He says as we sit down. "What did you need to talk about?"

"You're going to hate me. I didn't mean for this to happen. It was an accident. I swear." I started crying.

"I'm not going to hate you. If anything, you should be the one that hates me. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that you forgave me."

"Thanks." I said, smiling through the tears.

"So, what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant, Caleb." I whispered.

"What? I couldn't hear you."

"I'm pregnant." I waited for him to say something.

He hesitated before saying, "Abnegation didn't really prepare us for that one."

I laughed. "Yeah, not really. I want you to be an uncle. I could've kept this from you, but you're my brother. I had to tell you." I cried some more.

Caleb wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "I want to be an uncle. Not right now, but I'm not abandoning my niece or nephew like I abandoned you."

----

Okay, so. Would you guys want there to be a Candor or Dauntless story in a future chapter? Some people don't like when they all play Candor or Dauntless in every freaking fan fiction! *cough, Me, cough* So, please vote (In the comments) whether or not you want them to play Candor or Dauntless. Majority wins! :)