Epilouge

"Caleb, are you still coming over for dinner tonight?" I asked, over the phone. Aris was on a mat in the living room playing with Parker, Will and Christina's son.

"Ah, yes. I am." He sounded breathless. It had taken a second call for Caleb to answer. "Is it okay, if I brought a...special friend?" He asked.

"By special friend do you mean girlfriend?" I asked, a small smirk on my face.

"Something or other. I'll be there at 5. Love you." He said. I went to say it back, but he had already hung up.

I set the phone on the hook and walked into the living room. Christina was sitting on the floor with Parker in her lap, stacking up blocks.

"Mama, play." Aris said, holding out a plastic giraffe. I took the giraffe and kneeled down.

"Guess who's coming for dinner?" I asked.

"Uncle Caleb!" She clapped. "Yay!"

"That's right."

"I can't believe how much they've already grown." Christina said, holding Parker very securely, like if she didn't he would grow even bigger. "I don't want my little man to grow any more." She said, resting her chin on Parker's shoulder. "I think Will and I are going to have another. It would be nice for Parker to be a big brother."

"I think Tobias and I are going to get a bigger place first." I said. "Hey, when do you think Zeke and Shauna are planning on a kid. They've been married for about a year now."

"I hope it's soon. Aris and Parker need a new kid to play with. Aris is ready to club Parker with one of Isabel's bones."

"Which is why she's going to start preschool soon." I teased.

"I still can't believe Uriah and Marlene aren't getting married. 'We're not the marriage type.'" Christina said, quoting them.

"Caleb is bringing a girl over for dinner tonight." I said. Aris was back to playing chef, with her small apron and plastic food.

"Ooh, how exciting. Do you know her name?" She asked.

"No, but I hope she's nice. I'll tell you what she's like tomorrow at work." I promised.

"Why can't Will and I just come for dinner?" She asked.

"Because it's just for family. I'm sorry." She sighed.

"Aris is gonna be bored..."

"Caleb will be there, Aris loves him." I said.

"Fine. Anyway, Will is going to be coming home soon, I'll see you tomorrow." We stood up and hugged. Aris hugged Christina's legs.

"Bye Parker." Aris said.

Christina picked up her diaper bag and Parker. "Let's go see daddy." She cooed, walking out the door.

I knelt down so I was level with Aris. "Are you gonna help Mama clean this up?" I asked. She nodded, picking up a few toys and putting them in the toy box. "And then you can help me make some brownies." I said.

---

"I'm home!" Tobias called from the living room.

"Daddy!" Aris called, hopping off the chair she was sitting in and running over to give him a hug. I got out of the chair, and walked into the living room.

This was my favorite part of the day. Aris was always so excited when he came home, and for a moment, it felt like everything in the world was perfect. We were all so happy for a moment. It wasn't like we weren't happy, but for the few minutes after Tobias got home, we could ignore any problems for a while. Tobias picked up Aris and started tickling her sides. "Hey Tris. What did you girls do today?" He asked, while Aris giggled and squirmed.

"Brownies!" Aris cheered.

"Yes, Aris, we made brownies for tonight, and Christina brought Parker over for a little while. I'm making soup for tonight." I said.

"Yum, what time is dinner again?" He asked, with Aris still in his arms. She had snuggled her head into Tobias' neck. I smiled at the cute sight. "Tris?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, around 5. Caleb and his girlfriend are coming over at 5." I looked at the clock. It was already 4:50. Tobias set Aris back on the floor and reached down to pat Isabel's head.

"Hey Aris, why don't you help Daddy set the table." I said. She clapped her hands, and Tobias stood up. I got 5 bowls out of the cabinet and handed it to Tobias, and I handed 5 spoons to Aris. My broccoli and cheese soup was almost finished, I just needed to add some salt and pepper. Aris came back into the kitchen and I handed her napkins and a potholder. I finished up the soup and turned down the stove, so my soup would stay warm until dinner. Right after there was a knock on the door. I took off my apron and hung it up before answering the door. Caleb was standing there with Will's older sister, Cara.

"Hey Tris, this is Cara." Caleb said, pulling me into a hug.

"We've met before." I said. "Come in, I just finished cooking. Aris and Tobias are in the living room."

"Uncle Caleb!"Aris cheered, running to Caleb.

"Hey Aris, this is my friend, Cara. Can you say hi?" He asked, picking Aris up into a hug.

Aris turned her face into Caleb's neck, which he thought was funny because she wasn't usually shy. After Caleb started to chuckle, Aris gave a meak "Hi."

"Hi Aris." Cara closed the door behind her and Caleb. Tobias had walked into the room, and introduced himself to Cara. Caleb was still holding Aris, and shook Tobias' hand.

"Hi Tris, Hi Tobias." She said. The first time I spoke to Cara, she wasn't exactly nice, but I think she was nicer to me at Will and Christina's wedding.

"Mommy?" Aris asked.

"Yes?"

"Is Uncle Caleb staying?" She asked.

"Just for dinner." I said. She crossed her arms and pouted.

"I'm sorry Aris, I've gotta go to work in the morning."

She huffed. "Fine."

"Speaking of dinner, what are we having?" Caleb asked.

"Broccoli and cheese soup." I answered.

"Sounds good." Cara answered.

"And brownies!"

"Yes Aris, we're having brownies too." Tobias  said.

We all sat down for dinner, and Caleb started to make conversation.

"So how is everyone doing?"

"Nothing has really changed since you were here last month. Actually though, Lynn started dating again." I said.

"That's great! Have you met him?" He asked.

"Actually, it's her." Tobias said.

"Her name is Margo and she's very, very nice."

"Well I'm glad she's happy." Caleb said.

---

"Tobias?" I asked after Caleb and Cara had left. We had just put Aris to bed and we were laying in bed facing each other.

"Yeah?"

"Are you happy?"

"Of course I'm happy. I have a beautiful wife and I have a beautiful daughter. I have the best life. Why?"

"Tobias, I..."

"What? Come on Tris, you can tell me anything. You know that."

"I'm...I'm pregnant."