Chapter 9

shower @Kelsey_Waters_Eaton in follows for the amazing idea in this chapter and the cover! Please read her fourtastic stories!!

----

Tris

----

Zoey quit Dauntless. The pressure was too much for her.

Today, I decided that I was going to announce my pregnancy to the compound. Tobias and I walked up to the stage in the pit.

"Our Dauntless initiate trainers have something to announce." Max said. "Go ahead." He stepped away from the microphone.

"We're having a baby." Tobias said. A bunch of shocked faces and 'whats' filled the crowd. We stood up there for a few awkward moments until someone yelled congratulations.

We stepped down from the stage and sat with the gang. "Is that what you were telling Mar and wanted me to leave for?" Uriah asked. How did he even remember that?

"Yes." I said.

"Well, I see I'm not trusted."

"Yeah, you really aren't."

"Well, congratulations?" Zeke asked.

"Thanks, man." Tobias said.

"We were the only ones that didn't know, weren't we?" Zeke accused.

"Yep." I replied. "We're kind of sorry, but it was a secret."

"Fine, whatever, but it really hurts in here." Zeke said, playfully grabbing his chest where his heart was.

"I have a surprise for you when we get back to the apartment." Tobias whispered.

"Didn't you learn your lesson with surprises?" I whispered back.

"No."

As we walked back to the apartment I kept wondering what Tobias got me.

He told me to close my eyes and he guided me into the apartment. "Open." He said. Sitting in the middle of the floor was a dog. A little black pug. It was lying in a dog bed and had a chunk of rope in its mouth.

I always wanted a dog. I asked my father for one as a child, but he always told me it was selfish. "What's its name?" I asked Tobias.

"Her name is Isabel. She's already trained and everything."

I walked over to her and picked her up. "Hi there, Isabel. Aren't you cute? Yes, you are." She licked my face. She had a pink collar on with a silver heart that read, "Isabel."

"I thought you'd like her. I wanted a dog as a kid, but I was too scared to ask my parents."

"I love her." I said.

"I already got everything she'll need."

"This is the best present ever." I said, still cradling Isabel.

------

Tobias

------

I got Tris a dog, and now she won't set her down. She's been baby talking Isabel all night. I've never really seen her sensitive side. I got the dog more for me than her, so when the baby comes, I'll be prepared.

The next morning, we had to train the initiates again. We decided to start giving them Saturdays off.

----

Tris

----

Where is Zoey?" Claire asked. "She wasn't in the dorm last night. Or the night before."

"She's now Factionless." I said.

Half of the initiates were a bit sad, and the rest were happy.

"That does not mean we discontinue our training. Line up, we're going to use guns today."