Chapter 1

Tobias

------

When I woke up the next morning, Tris wasn't there. I immediately started panicking. The possibilities are endless!

    I frantically got dressed and began looking for Tris outside the apartment. I went to all her friends' houses besides Christina. Last time I woke her up, she punched me in the face. But this is an emergency!

    I carefully knocked on the door and a drowsy Christina opened it. "What do you want? Only Tris can interrupt my sleep."

    "Good morning to you, too. Have you seen Tris?"

    "Yeah, she's here. She has something to tell you. Wait right here." She walked to her room and got Tris.

     "I don't want to talk to Four." Tris complained.

     "Am I really that bad?" I asked.

     "Tris. Tell Four." Christina commanded. She pushed Tris out the door and locked it.

       Tris and I made our way back to the apartment in silence.

       "What did you need to tell me?" I asked after we were standing in the kitchen.

      "You might wanna sit down for this one." She said.

      "Okaaay."

      "I'm not going to beat around the bush. I'm pregnant."

      Wow. I was not expecting that one. I was speechless. I wasn't upset. I wasn't exactly happy though, either.

       "Say something!" Tris said.

        "We are going to be a family." I said. "I'm gonna be a dad!"

        "Yes. We established this. You are going to be a father. I will be a mother." She said slowly, as if I wouldn't understand.

       "Who are we going to tell first?" I asked.

        She smiled. "Christina already knows, so-"

       "You told the best friend before the boyfriend?" I asked, like she committed a crime.

       "Well, I...uh...I-"

       "Tris. I'm kidding."

       She laughed. "Will, Marlene, and Lynn are probably the most trustworthy." She said.

       "Yeah, I don't want to wake up tomorrow and have the whole Dauntless Compound knowing I got you pregnant." I said.

----

Tris

----

Tobias and I walked to Will's apartment first. I knocked on the door a few times, and no one answered.

     "Where are my pants?" A voice inside said.

     "Think we interrupted them?" Tobias asked. I laughed.

      Finally, the door sprang open and Will and Christina's hair was messed up. (A/N Please correct me if that is improper grammar.)

       "Well, hello there." I said.

       "Uh, hi." Will responded.

       "Can we come in?" I asked.

        "Sure. Sure. Yeah."

        We all walked over to the couch and sat down.

        "I-we have big news." I said. Will nodded for me to go on. "I'm expecting." I said.

        Will had mock surprise on his face. "You told him, didn't you?" I asked Christina.

         "Maybe." She replied, sheepishly.

         "Don't tell anyone else." I commanded.

         She tried to argue. "But-"

         "No buts." I said.

         "Fine." She said.

         "We have to go tell Lynn, now." Tobias said.

         I stood up, slowly and walked to the door with Tobias.

        We made it to Lynn's apartment about 5 minutes later.

        After we rang the doorbell, Lynn opened the door in record time.

         "Hi, Lynn." I said, giving her a hug.

         "Hey, guys!" She said, "Come on in."

         Tobias and I walked over to her counter and sat down on the wooden stools.

          "We have news. But you have to promise not to tell anyone."

          "I promise." She said, obviously happy that she was being entrusted with an important secret.

           "Four and I are having a baby." I said

           "But, but, wait a second. Did you plan this?" She asked.

           "Of course not! We aren't married." Tobias responded.

           "Oh, well, um..." Lynn said.

           "We're leaving, now." I said. Pregnancy hormones are starting to get to me.

           "Bye." Lynn said, staring at her nails. She looked upset and confused. I decided to ignore it. A true friend wouldn't judge us.

           Finally, we made it to Marlene's apartment.

           When Mar opened the door, Uriah was sitting on the couch.

           Great, just, great.