Megumi Fushiguro // Happier (pt.4)

╔════════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ════════╗𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗿- 𝖬𝖾𝗀𝗎𝗆𝗎 𝖥𝗎𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝗈 -Fluff╚════════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ════════╝

𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗿
- 𝖬𝖾𝗀𝗎𝗆𝗎 𝖥𝗎𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗀𝗎𝗋𝗈 -
Fluff
╚════════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ════════╝

please read previous parts first to understand this part of the mini-series !
this is part four of happier !

2nd person POV

It's been eight years since the last time you saw Megumi during graduation. After that particular night your relationship with him became better, deciding to be friends again helped you both recover from the traumatic experience you both experienced.

But ever since you graduated, you moved to a different city that only had a few number of jujutsu sorceres and because of that, you weren't able to see your beloved friends that much anymore.

Separating ways is difficult, especially when they're the ones you went through both happy and sad memories with. Promising to keep in touch but at then end...no one tries to reach out anymore.

So it's been years since you last talked to your schoolmates and friends. It could've been different, it could've been better. But because of circumstances, you haven't seen them in the longest time.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

You arrived back in Tokyo as the principal of Jujutsu Tech recruited you to teach there. You were quite hesitant in taking the role, but you felt something pull you back to this very place.

But before making your way towards your school of three years, you decided to stop by a very important place, or someone whom you haven't seen in a decade.

Visiting the gates of the cemetery as you brought flowers for a person dear to you. It was his tenth-year death anniversary. Sadly for you, it could've been your tenth year together.

Although you have moved on, you still felt vulnerable looking back at the choices you have made. If only you could go back in time and changed it, but you can't.

But everything happens for a reason, right?

"How are you Toge?" A smile of adoration and hurt resonated on your face as you remembered the sweet memories you experienced with him. You were already twenty-six and yet it felt like you were just sixteen yesterday.

You placed the bouquet of flowers on top of his grave, it was your first time ever visiting his tomb. Not because you were busy for the past years but it still hurts you to accept reality.

But somehow when you were called to go back, it was like a sign. A sign for you to finally face your past and move on.

"Thank you for the happiest year of my life Toge."