Nanami Kento // Marry me

╔════════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ════════╗𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗺𝗲- 𝖭𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗆𝗂 𝖪𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗈 -𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏╚════════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ════════╝

𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝗺𝗲
- 𝖭𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗆𝗂 𝖪𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗈 -
𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚏𝚏
╚════════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ════════╝

2nd person POV

There is a tradition in your family that every first born child must be married by the age of nineteen and not only were you the first born but you were also the only child, thus putting all the pressure on you to continue the family bloodline.

You're an eighteen-year-old who had no plans of settling in, you were never even in a relationship. Now you're getting married to someone you possibly don't even know.

You only had one close friend, and that was Nanami. A stoic boy whom you met since you were kids and whom you grew feelings for. But sad to say you had to put them aside and bury them deep down from now on, you already belonged to another man.

And for Nanami on the other hand, you always thought that he has only seen you as a friend.

So now here you are in your bedroom, laying down on your bed as Nanami sat beside you, reading a book that you owned quietly. You were to spill the news to him by now as you were hopeful to spend as much time with him before leaving to marry your future husband.

You twirled your h/c hair locks as the nervousness started creeping in, you looked at the boy who was quiet as always, not knowing what exactly say.

"Is there something bothering you, Y/N?" His stern voice startled you as you saw his eyes move from the pages of the book to yours.

"You have been staring for the past five minutes. I am most certain that there is something going on." He sighed before putting down the book on his laugh. You looked away, knowing that he pretty much knows all of your mannerisms.

You sat up as you faced your back towards him, slowly feeling emotional as reality was sinking in. You needed to accept it, it was your fate the moment that you were born.

You hated to be in an arranged marriage, you despised the idea of it to the point of pleading your mother to change it but it was a family tradition.

That's what you hated about your family, they were too closed minded on the fact that you should choose the person you wanted to be with. But if you were ever to choose to be born to the same people again, you were still willing to do it. Why? Because if you weren't, then you wouldn't meet Nanami.

Still not looking at the boy, it made him feel quite alarmed. He saw you cry a couple of times but never like this. "You should tell me what is going on Y/N, I'm going to help you."

"Y-you can't Kento. It's something...you can't help with." You replied as you wiped the tiny tears that were streaming down your cheeks.

"What do you mean by that? I'll talk to your mother for you just tell m-"

"I'm turning nineteen next month." You looked back as you saw his confused yet slightly irritated expression. "And I'll be getting married right after, it's a family tradition that cannot be broken." You gave out a sad smile as you looked down on him and unto the bed.

Nanami didn't know what to say as he looked down as well. "I see...do you know who you're to be wed with?" He asked in a slightly saddened voice.

"Most likely to someone eligible, someone who would give a good reputation for my family." You sighed. "Somebody who...I don't love."

Just when the silence started to kick in, the blonde huffed as he looked at you with dignity.

"Then marry me Y/N."

The statement made you freeze at the same time frightened, you looked back at him as you sensed the seriousness on the tone of his voice. "W-what do you mean Kento?! I ca-"

"I can promise you a good future, I can give you everything you need." He held both of your arms as he leaned over to your vulnerable state. He looked a lot serious than he ever was before.

"You might not love me back but I can't give you to someone who doesn't love you as much as I do."

"Kento..." And just as you called out his name, the feelings that he had for you overpowered him as he leaned in and placed his soft gentle lips on yours. His hands moved its way to your neck and waist as he brought your bodies closer to each other.

But just when he came to his senses, he pulled away. He was ashamed of his actions, it was immature of him to not ask for consent.

"I'm deeply sorry for that, how immature I wa-" You cut him off with a soft kiss on his lips, catching him entirely off-guard.

"I'll be happy to marry you Kento."

02

02.26.22 - 02.26.22
This scenario literally just popped out of my mind while I was laying down 😃 so why not use it for nanami 🙈

I need more oneshots of him too 😭😭😭

Thank you so much everyone for 32K reads 🙈

Keidy;)