chapter 15

It's been a few days since the talks between padme and Michael and not much has happened besides the occasional patrol battles between the three.

Although the republic and separatist were still fighting hard against each other, battles against the terrans was almost nonexistent. To the terrans it seemed like they were either waiting for them to make the first move or they were just too scared to attack again with a high risk in casualties.

But what many believe is that they didn't know where they came from and felt attacking only two planets that they occupied was a waste of resources even though it could be a key for the location of their other planets. But with both factions with a fleet that can't make a sizable dent in their defenses attacking them felt useless until a plan could be effective against them.

Of course the terrans was not going to wait for them to come up with this plan which was why they sent a task force towards a planet both the republic and separatist were fighting on. Ryloth.

The route towards Ryloth should have been difficult for the republic to get too since the terrans had Christophsis, but somehow they must have found a new route to get their. But regardless how they got their, the terrans had already sent a fleet towards the planet.

They wasn't just going there to defeat both of the factions there, but their have been reports that multiple Jedi masters were their from the republic and some high ranking officials from the separatist. With the capture with at least one of them it would help them greatly on any bases, planets, routes, and much more on the locations of things they don't know about yet.

The reason they knew this was because they had spies everywhere and have just begun to enter their ranks in the republic. But getting spies in the separatist was harder than they thought since getting one in a military position was almost impossible since only a select few could command a fleet or army. And most of them were droids that were taking these positions. But the terrans really didn't care about that since their main focus for now was the republic.

But another main reason they were going to Ryloth was to finally end the war in there and would install a new government on the planet and help the people their anyway they could. If the people their didn't want their presence on the planet they would understand but they would look at that problem once they control the planet.

22nd "defense" fleet in slipspace

The 22nd fleet had an addition to ships too it's fleet as they were the new task force set to attack and occupy Ryloth. In one of the hangers in one of the ships sly can be seen tinkering with his fighter making a last minute inspection of his craft. As he is doing this one of his squad mates named Jason walks up to him.

"You know you could just have a mechanic or someone else do this for you right?" Jason questions him.

"Yeah I know. But I feel like my fighter performs way better when I take care of it myself." Sly says.

"Besides. I can make my own little upgrades when I do it myself." Sly says.

"And what type of "little" upgrades would that be?" Jason questions him air quoting with his fingers.

"That's a surprise once we go into battle. Can't have all my secrets out my pocket now can we." He says to Jason with a smirk that Jason can't see since he is under the craft.

"See this is exactly why we call your callsign sly. When your not near your fighter your like any other person, but once you get near it your like a completely different person getting out of trouble everytime when your in battle." Jason says to sly.

"If we even did half the stuff you did we all be dead." Jason says to him.

"Hey don't hate the craft, hate the pilot." Sly says back to Jason getting up towards a now mad pilot.

"Why you little!" Jason begins before an announcement that they will exit slipspace in a few minutes gets called throughout the fleet.

"This conversation isn't over sly. You still owe me answers after your little move over New Jerusalem which you still haven't answered after all these years." He says to sly before walking towards his fighter.

"And where's the fun in that. It's kind of fun having you all guess on things you still can't do or understand." Sly says to himself.

After a few minutes the fleet exits slipspace and is met with the republic fleet defending the planet. Once everything is clear all fighter and bombers exit their hangers going towards the enemy.

Sly now in space with his squad is calm yet a little excited since this will be his first time going into battle against another living person in a long time. Although the droid's from the separatist were deadly, they would still predictable and he was hoping the clones weren't like this allowing him to have a great dogfight he always wanted.

"Now let's see how these republic pilots are like." Sly says as the battle over Ryloth has begun with them setting it on.

Surface of Ryloth with Obi-wan

Right now Obi-wan was making his way towards his command center with his new padawan as she told him mace windu wanted to speak with him immediately. Yes days after their failed attempt to recapture Christophsis Obi-wan was given a new padawan since the republic needed new Jedi that were experienced to help them in the war.

Although many Jedi knights and masters were insisted to have a padawan it wasn't forced on many of them since some felt they weren't ready to train a padawan yet.

But Obi-wan agreed to have another one. The one he got was a female named Waneta. She is a dark skinned human and a way he would describe her was that she is mostly quiet, but will speak her mind when she feels she needs too and can be stubborn at times reminding him of a certain trouble maker. On top of that she is very skilled in combat and shows a very strong connection to the force which is a reason she was with him on this mission to free the Ryloth people from the separatist so he can teach her too control her connection to the force better.

"Did master windu tell you exactly why he wanted to see me?" Obi-wan says to Waneta.

"No master. But it sounded pretty serious." Waneta says to him.

"Hopefully he it isn't reporting of the mass number of droids that we spotted daya ago." Obi-wan says not wanting it to be a counterattack the separatist was planning.

Waneta only nods her head following beside him.

As they walk towards the command center a hologram of windu appears as they enter.

"You wanted to speak to me master windu?" Obi-wan questions him.

"Yes I have reports that the terrans have made their move on us and is currently in battle against my fleet." He says causing Obi-wan eyes to widen a little.

"If they break through that means we may be stuck here." Obi-wan says to him.

"Precisely which is why I called in another fleet to come in behind them. I will deal with the terrans while you finish your mission here." Windu says.

"The Ryloth people have suffered enough under the separatist and you will have to help them on your own for now." He says to Obi-wan.

"May the force be with you." He says before the transmission is cut off.

Obi-wan only sighs before looking over at Waneta.

"Come Waneta we have work to do. You might even be able learn a little more about the force." He says as he starts to exit the tent. Waneta nods her head following after him after she hides a transmitter under her sleeve. As she leaves multiple fighters belonging to the republic can be seen going to space towards the battle as they start to disappear in the sky as they leave the planet.