Chapter 4-Lunch With Ana

Chapter 4

Joe and Kira headed out as well, with Kira holding her dance bag over one shoulder."Hopefully that works..." she sighed as she put her bag in the back seat on the seat beside her.

"I'm sure it will," Joe said, as he put on his seatbelt and pulled out of the parking space, driving home. When they arrived home, Kira hopped out with her bag in hand. Joe walked into the house with Kira.

"You made it, Kira go on upstairs," Grace said waving her off.

Kira had no choice but to obey and went upstairs with her stuff. Joe looked at Grace, wondering what her problem of the day was.

"Tour plans revealed today?" she asked.

"Yes," Joe answered," over the summer May to mid-July. Same as last time."

"Okay, so now that the kids are upstairs, I want more information on this woman you've been talking to... Ana.. the assistant..." she said.

"Where did you get her name from?" Joe asked suspiciously.

"Kira told me last night she thought she heard you call her that..." she shrugged, "I asked she told me.."

"Of course. She's still a kid she would tell you. There's no information on Ana. I'm friends with her," he said.

"You shouldn't be, you're married..." she said

"I'm allowed to have friends Grace. You don't own me," he said.

"It's disrespectful Joseph! If it bothers me you should respect that!! I'm your wife," she said.

"Doesn't seem like it sometimes," he grumbled

" What was that?" she asked barely hearing part of what he said.

"Nothing," he said, "you don't control me and you can't demand I don't have friends because you're insecure!" He said firmly.

Grace was angry and said nothing more as she left the room.

~~~*

The next day, Joe went out to lunch with Sofia and Anabella. They were sitting in a restaurant together, Sofia sitting by Ana.

"Sofia, I'd like you to meet someone," Ana said softly.

"Da man.. from cookies...." Sofia said.

"Yes this is the man Mommy was talking to when we were buying cookies," Ana said," but do you remember I told you what Daddy did?"

"Songs," Sofia said.

"Yes, Daddy sings songs in a band. This man is your Daddy," Ana said gently.

The little girl looked at me a bit confused, and unsure, but nodded.

"Otay," she said, softly, leaning a bit more into Ana's chest. she seemed nervous.

"Sofia it's very nice to meet you," Joe said as Ana put her arm around Sofia.

"Songs..." she said to him. She wanted him to sing. Ana smiled.

"She wants to hear you sing..." she said stroking Sofia's hair.

Joe smiled," I'd be happy to sing," he said. He started to softly sing Please Don't Go, Girl. "Please don't go girl

You would ruin my whole world

Tell me you'll stay. Never ever go away. I love you

I love you. I guess I always will," he sang to Sofia.

"Otay, he daddy then..." she nodded.

Joe smiled at her, she was a beautiful little girl," Who did you bring with you?" he asked. Sofia was holding a stuffed animal in her other hand since he had walked in.

"Mollys..." she said softly.

"Her name is Molly, that's a very pretty name," he said," just like Sofia is a pretty name."Their waiter came to the table, so they took a few minutes to order lunch.

"Stays now?" Sofia asked.

" I have to stay at my house, but I will see you a lot. I promise," Joe said to her.

"No stays?" she asked sadly. She was too little to understand why he couldn't stay. Ana tried to tell her daddy would see her one day, but she wanted him to stay for good.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. I wish I could stay, maybe one day I can but not right now," he said sadly. He knew this had to be hard for her," Mommy has my number you can call me anytime that you want to."

"Otays..." she sighed and then peered around Ana to see the waitress coming with her milk cup and straw. The waitress brought their drinks putting them down in front of them. Ana put the straw in Sofia's milk for her.

"Yums!" Sofia smiled and took a drink of her milk.

"Her love of milk is a bit crazy, prefers it over juice..." Ana smiled.

"I think that's great," Joe said, "Milk is good for a growing girl."

"She's a very good girl, good habits. I make sure," she said.

"I'm so happy to hear that," he said. He took a sip of his water.

"How have you been Ana?"

"Fine, raising her... some days are hard, but those beautiful eyes and smile always remind me it's worth it," she said.

"Yes raising kids can be hard," Joe agreed, "But definitely worth all of it."

"It's harder to do on your own," she said, a bit of a bite to her tone. She was still upset that he made her love him, then had a baby all by herself.

"Ana. I told you if you had told me I would help. I'll still help, I'm not leaving you to do this alone anymore, "He said.

"What was I supposed to do Joe? show up at your home and tell grace, Hey, tell joe our aggressive sexual affair has produced a child?" she asked.

"No, but telling me would have been helpful. I can provide for her, and be there for both of you," he said.

"Well you can be there for Sofia now," Ana said.

"You'll change your mind about that and let me be there for you too someday," he said," For now yes I can be there for Sofia."

<3 <3 <3 <3

Joe wants to step up and be there for Sofia and Anabella.