Chapter 7: That Divorce Thing

Chapter 7

Joe went to Kira's room and knocked on her door," Sweetie. Would you like to talk? I can take you guys for breakfast," he said.

"I'm not hungry..." she said, softly.

"We can just talk then. Tell me what you are feeling," he said.

"Okay," she said, and joe went in seeing her on her bed crying, , hugging her pillow. He sat on her bed, beside her. She still lay there on her bed, pillow hugged tightly.

"I know you heard Mom and I. It upsets you," he said softly.

"uh huh..." she said softly.

"Mom and I have a lot of problems Kirbear. We can't make things work like husbands and wives are supposed to. We've never been able to make that work," he said quietly.

"And now we have to pay the price?" she asked.

"No of course not. You guys will still be able to see us both whenever you want. It's just a matter of who you want to live with. It will be much more healthier for you kids if Mom and I divorce," he said.

"It doesn't feel healthy... it hurts daddy..." she said softly.

" I know it hurts sweetheart. I'm so sorry, but it will hurt more if we stay together and fight like this all the time," he said.

"I guess...." she said, snuggling into her dad, "I want you both..."

" Joint custody is something I have to discuss with your mother, but she hardly does much for you kids nowadays. It worries me to leave her with you guys. How was is it yesterday while I was out?" he asked brushing her hair back gently.

"Fine.... she was quiet but fine," she shrugged, "I don't wanna talk about this dad, I hate when you two talk bad about each other in front of us..."

"I'm not trying to. I'm trying to be honest," he said," She is going to have to do a lot of things that I do if she's going to raise you guys. She used to do those things, but hasn't lately is all I'm saying."

"She'd do it if she had to..." she said softly, "She's just been sad lately."

"Alright. I promise to discuss joint custody with her then, where you'll be living with both of us and going back and forth. But that will probably mean you'll see me on weekends unless you need me for something like to take you to classes," he said gently.

"I still wanna go on tour...." she said, "and ill go wherever my siblings go.."

"Of course, you can still come on tour with me. I'd never say you couldn't," he said softly," I'll have to talk to your brothers about this still." He kissed her head," I love you Kirbear."

"I love you too daddy, but till you figure this all out, you think I could go sleepover with Nyla? I hate the fighting.." she said.

"Yes. Aunt Jen said she would do anything to help Daddy right now, so I'll give her a call and see if you can stay there for a bit," he said.

"Thanks, daddy.." she said.

"You're welcome my sweetheart," he said gently.

"Now I'm a little hungry.. can we have french toast?" she asked.

" I will gladly make you some french toast, come on," he said with a small smile. She sat up and Joe got up, they were headed downstairs when Rhys came out of his room.

"What's for breakfast today?" Rhys asked.

"Your sister wants French Toast," Joe said.

"That works," Rhys said. The three of them went downstairs to the kitchen.