Chapter 8: He Knows How This Works

Chapter 8

Joe still had to tell the kids about Sofia. He knew he needed to do it sooner, rather than later, but this was still a lot for them to take the divorce was.

And he didn't know how upset they'd be if they found out...He glanced in the rearview mirror to see Griffin was just as silent as Rhys was. He would have to wait til Kira got home to tell the kids about their baby sister.

~~~*

Back at the Knight household Jen was cleaning up after lunch, doing up the dishes after she finished telling Jordan about Ana and Sofia. She always told her husband everything. Jordan was shocked, he hadn't even known that something was going on with Joe and Ana back then, other than work that is.

"Wow.... that makes the tension between him and Grace make much more sense," he said.

"Oh, that was probably there first. Grace is too good for the rest of us," Jen said to her husband.

"I guess that is how she thinks." He agreed, "I never want us to be that way..."

" We aren't in danger of being that way," Jen promised," We are kind to everyone we know."

"I meant hurting, falling out of love," he said.

"We're not in danger of that either my darling," she smiled.

" I hope we aren't," he said, glad that she didn't think they were in danger of that.

"Not even a little. I am so lucky to have you, baby," she said.

"I'm lucky to have you too," he said smiling.

"So have you thought about what I asked you? The talk we had? About..... another baby?" She asked nervously.

" I have thought about it. I was going to talk to you about that. I think I want to have another one," Jordan said.

"You do??" She smiled brightly.

"Yes I do," he said with a smile. He leaned in and kissed her.

"Then we shall start as soon as we can," she giggled and kissed him softly.

"Sounds good to me," he chuckled and hugged her.

"So tonight then? After the kids are in bed?" She asked

"Yes that's perfect," he agreed.

"I love you...." she cooed.

"Gross ma..." Jackson said as he came into the kitchen to get a soda.

" I love you too Baby," Jordan said to Jen.

"Me telling your father I love him is gross?" Jen asked her son.

"No... you straddling him like a teenager is gross..." he grumbled.

"Be nice to your Mom J," Jordan said to him.

"Just saying... you're my parents, it's weird..." he said.

"I'm sorry it's weird for you, but we're in love," he said to his son.

"If that's what love is like, then I'm good, gross..." he said.

"I am totally okay with that," Jen chuckled. Jackson shook his head and opened the soda to take a sip.

"So dad, since mom said I HAVE to go on tour, can we at least go shopping?" he asked, "sometimes your fans bring their daughters..."

Jordan chuckled," We can go shopping," he agreed.

"Awesome...." Jackson said, "Thanks dad..." then he went upstairs, soda in hand.

"He is definitely your son..." Jen snickered.

" What can I say, he knows how this works," Jordan said with a shrug.

"I meant with the interest in females," she giggled, kissing her softly.

He kissed her back," My only interest is in you," he promised.

"I know babe. but before me..." she laughed.

" Well, I had to find the right girl. I had to do something," he said.

"and thankfully you found me..." she smiled.

" I am thankful for that," he agreed.

"SO am I my love..." she said, kissing me softly. He kissed her back, glad to have her in his life.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Jackson seems to be coming around. 

Join to keep up with updates.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/176630871015945