Chapter 9: Princess Sofia

Chapter 9

Griffin and Rhys were watching a movie, while Joe was texting Ana.

Joe : I want to tell my kids about Sofia. I need a few days, I just filed for divorce from Grace. So the kids are having a hard time.

Ana: you are getting a divorce? what made you choose to do that finally?

Joe: I had enough of Grace and of destroying the kids everytime we fought.

Ana: thats good you put the kids first and when you're ready to introduce Sofia we can, but only when the kids are ready too.

Joe : I won't push it. I'll let them be ready. I just wanted you to know.

Ana: of course, thanks for keeping me up to date...

Joe: You're welcome. Tell Sofia I love her.

Ana: i will, when can you see her again? she's been asking for you

Joe : I can see her tomorrow. The boys can hang out at Jordan's again.

Ana: great she'll be so excited...

Joe:I'm excited too. She's adorable.

Ana: Of course she is, she's yours...

Joe: She looks just like you, but with my eyes.

Ana: she's so great, reminds me of you so much...

Joe: I'm glad. I've loved every minute I've gotten to spend with her so far.

Ana: you can come here to see her if you want tomorrow instead of meeting at a restaurant or something.

Joe: I'd like that. Thank you. I'm sure it will be helpful for when naptime comes around too.

Ana: for sure, then we can talk... about how you can help us both.. instead of just her....

Joe: I'd be happy to talk with you about that, once she goes down for her nap.

Ana: sounds perfect... see you tomorrow Joey

Joe : See you tommorrow.

He put his phone and away and went to check on the boys.

"You boys doing okay?" he asked going into griff's room.

"Yeah," Griffin answered.

"As okay as I can be," Rhys said.

"Rhys I'm really sorry this is so hard for you," Joe said, sitting down with the boys.

" I've never had to be home without Mommy," he said.

"I know buddy...." Joe said, hugging him.

Rhys hugged him back. He didn't know what would make this easier, but he figured nothing would. He just had to get used to it.

"I love you Rhys, nothing will ever change that..." Joe promised.

" I love you Dad," he said.

"What would you guys like for dinner?" Joe asked them.

"Grilled cheese? and tomato soup?" Griff asked.

"Sure. That okay with you Rhys?" Joe asked.

"Yeah, sounds good..." he agreed.

"Alright. I'll get started on that," he said as he stood up to go downstairs and. make dinner for the boys.

~~~*

"How are you really doing Rhys?" Griffin asked him after their dad left.

" I hate having Mom not here," Rhys said," It sucks."