Chapter 6: Divorce Talk

Chapter 6

Joe checked his messages on the way to his car.

Joe: I'll let Ana know for you

Joe to Ana: Jordan's family is joining him on tour.

Joe reached his house.

"Finally home are ya??" Grace grumbled as he went in.

" I was out. I have to take our daughter to class," Joe said.

"And it took that long?" She asked.

" Yes I needed time for myself," he said," Kira let's go!"Kira came downstairs with her gymnastics bag. She was dressed for class.

"Sorry, daddy!!" She said as they headed out.

" I'm not mad sweetheart. I just didn't want you to be late," Joe said as they walked out.

"You sounded frustrated..." she said as they got in the car.

" It's grown up stuff. I'm sorry," he said gently.

"It's okay daddy, you and mommy arguing again?" She asked

" We are. I'm sorry you kids have to hear that," he said as he put on his seatbelt. Kira put hers on. Joe pulled out of the driveway.

"I just wish you guys didn't," she said.

" I know you don't like it. I try not to say things to her," he said as their drive took them to the gym.

They got out and walked towards the doors."Okay...." she said.

Joe opened the gym door for her," We can talk about it later if you want," he said.

"Sure," she shrugged and headed inside.

"Kira!!!" Nyla gushed rushing over to her.

" Hey Nyla!" she said with a smile and put her bag on the bench.

"You okay? You look sad," Nyla said.

"It's nothing," Kira said forcing a smile on her face," So did your Mom say you could come this summer?"

"Yes!!! She told Jackson too bad so sad!!!" Nyla grinned brightly.

"That's great!" Kira said as the girls started to do their warm up stretches.

Joe sat with the other parents watching the class. Jen was there. She came over to sit by him.

"Noisy Mrs. Lexington said she saw you at the park today...." she said softly.

Joe sighed," Yeah. I was there," he said quietly, knowing he couldn't lie to Jen.

"Mmhmm," she said, "so talk to me..."

"Ana and I were more than friends," he said softly," then after a while, she told JP she was moving away. She did, but she's back with my daughter and working for the band again."

"Whoa whoa whoa what? One more time a bit slower," She said in shock.

" I have another daughter," Joe said softly.

"Oh my god, Joe! Please tell me you've been taking care of her financially since you two," she said softly.

" I just found out about her when I ran into Ana a few days ago. I told her I would help take care of her, but so far she's let me see her, so I'm going to help financially too," he said.

"As long as you're there for her... I like Ana, so I can see why you fell for her," she said.

"Yeah. Things have gotten so bad with Grace. She doesn't want me being friends with anyone at all," he said quietly.